2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

What tire brand /model to replace for 265/45 R21 on 2019 Blazer RS

2863 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Mike in CT
Looking for recommendations for tire replacement for my 2019 Chevrolet RS, which came from the factory with the Continental Cross LX Sport tires that are now at 3/32" with approximately 22,000 miles on the vehicle. Live in northern Ohio so M&S tires are needed. Appreciate any input on what tires you may have purchased for your Blazer RS. Many thanks, Rich
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
The Continental CrossContact LX Sport tires that came with the Blazer was the only thing I didn't like. After only 24k miles the tires are down to the tread wear indicators, and was told that I needed new tires already. Tires were rotated at each oil change every 5k miles, and most of my driving is on the highway here in CT. My Blazer 2LT has a different size and I went with the Cooper Evolution H/T (235/65R18) tires. For your Blazer RS, I would recommend the Yokohama Geolandar X-CV which are all terrain 50k tires. The Yokohama was my second choice when I had to replace mine this February.
21-22K miles seem to be the norm
OEM tires are what I found is of lesser quality
I replaced mine with Pirelli Scorpion of
that size An amazing tire handling and comfort Expensive but worth it to me
Thanks
Looking for recommendations for tire replacement for my 2019 Chevrolet RS, which came from the factory with the Continental Cross LX Sport tires that are now at 3/32" with approximately 22,000 miles on the vehicle. Live in northern Ohio so M&S tires are needed. Appreciate any input on what tires you may have purchased for your Blazer RS. Many thanks, Rich
Michelin CrossContact2 - 265/45 R21's. Put them on recently, they are amazing so far. They have a snow rating as well, but yet to see the performance. Ride smooth, low noise if any, and they actually look really cool tread wise as well. Also, tread-life is rated up to 60,000 under ideal driving conditions. Good Luck!
Reactions: 1
I replaced my 2020 RS - AWD with these tires.
However, when I try to find them now, they look to be discontinued. They have been replaced with Michelin Latitude 3.
I make long trips 4-5 times a month. I have no complaints so far. (I've had them since Feb 2022)
The dealership wanted way too much for replacement tires. I ended up finding these at Discount Tire.
Font Rectangle Paper Paper product Pattern

Good luck with finding what you are looking for!
FYI - I am in the DFW area. I am not too concerned with driving on snow/ice.

EDIT
I had to replace my tires at 18k. I ran over a chunk of metal. They were unable to patch the tire. I went ahead and replaced all four because it's AWD and the other three might have gotten me another 3-4k. Plus, I found a buy 3 get 1 free deal. (not sure if it was a deal, but I made the purchase)
See less See more
I just put on Michelin 21" Cross Climate 2 265/45 R21 104V tires from Belle Tire (After putting up with Continental 21" junk factory tires that came with the vehicle new...,they went bald at 26K and handled and rode like crud). Anyways, I live in lower Michigan and we've experienced rain and a bit of snow so far this Winter, and I couldn't be more happy with my purchase of the Michelins. The grab great in AWD, they're way more comfortable ride, and a lot quieter.
Do make sure you look into getting your Blazer "(A GOOD ALIGNMENT)". I think this has to do a TON with how my car is handling with these new tires on. At Belle Tire, part of the purchase was I can get free alignments whenever I need from purchasing tires through them. I LOVE my Michelin tires!!!!
I managed to get 46k out of the factory Continental Cross on my 2019 Blazer RS. Replacement tire selection was very limited and expensive, typically around $400 per tire. I managed to score Yokohama Geolander XCV in the same exact size at Walmart for under $300 per tire. That is a significant savings and so far they are providing a great ride.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts