2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I occasionally here this weird noise coming from my 2019 Blazer RS that I can best describe as a hydraulic motor type noise. It does not happen all the time but I hear it occasionally after I park my Blazer and shut it off to get out. Every time I have heard it is when I backed into my driveway or into a parking spot to park. I usually try to back into parking spots so I am not sure if it happens only when parking in reverse. The only other condition that may be a factor is I believe every time the sound has happened the Blazer was in AWD mode. I am not certain of that though. I have heard it about 10 times now since I have had the Blazer. Never heard it the first few months though but I did not use AWD mode a whole lot then other than sport mode. I am using AWD mode more now because of the rain, ice and snow.

Anyone else hear this type of noise? Is it normal?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've heard a few times too. I figured it was the parking brake engaging. Maybe it's only rumour, but it engages automatically when you park and shut the vehicle off, as a safety feature, then it disengages when you start it up.

Only other noise I've heard was a very high pitched sound. Blazer was sitting all day in -40. Thinking the fluid was a little think in the rear diff or something. ONce it warmed up, it went away.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I occasionally here this weird noise coming from my 2019 Blazer RS that I can best describe as a hydraulic motor type noise. It does not happen all the time but I hear it occasionally after I park my Blazer and shut it off to get out. Every time I have heard it is when I backed into my driveway or into a parking spot to park. I usually try to back into parking spots so I am not sure if it happens only when parking in reverse. The only other condition that may be a factor is I believe every time the sound has happened the Blazer was in AWD mode. I am not certain of that though. I have heard it about 10 times now since I have had the Blazer. Never heard it the first few months though but I did not use AWD mode a whole lot then other than sport mode. I am using AWD mode more now because of the rain, ice and snow.

Anyone else hear this type of noise? Is it normal?
I’ve heard the same thing on mine!! (2019 Blazer) Usually after I turn it off just as I’m getting out. It sounds like something mechanical is opening and closing maybe... I haven’t went to my dealership about it because it’s such an odd sound to describe lol. It usually only happens once a month or so ... we drive it daily .

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve heard the same thing on mine!! (2019 Blazer) Usually after I turn it off just as I’m getting out. It sounds like something mechanical is opening and closing maybe... I haven’t went to my dealership about it because it’s such an odd sound to describe lol. It usually only happens once a month or so ... we drive it daily .
It is like impossible to record. You never know when it is going to happen and you really need someone else to record it for you since it happens so fast as you are getting out of the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts