2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

Washing Technique for 2019 Chevy Blazer

7554 Views 21 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  SleeperSS
Just purchased the 2019 Chevy Blazer RS. Purchased the silver metallic ice with black trim/rims. So my question is with all the black plastic trim on the back bumper, front grill and the black bottom side runners, has anyone drove it thru a car wash? Wondering how sturdy the black trim pieces are. I'm worried about swirl marks/scratches.
Should I be looking into hand washing for now on? Appreciate any input.
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
I always wash my vehicles by hand. Hose it off good first, then Griot’s Garage Car Wash applied with micofiber mitt on top surfaces, then different microfiber mitt for bottom, just gliding over surface, never rubbing too hard. Then rinse off with hose. Then electric leaf blower to get most of water off and blow out crevices. Then softly glide a Griot’s Garage drying towel to finish drying. The key is to work top to bottom, always using clean mitts/towels and never applying too much pressure. Keep in mind one tiny piece of sand can be transferred as scratches throughout the entire car if you’re not careful and rub too hard.
I always wash my vehicles by hand. Hose it off good first, then Griot’s Garage Car Wash applied with micofiber mitt on top surfaces, then different microfiber mitt for bottom, just gliding over surface, never rubbing too hard. Then rinse off with hose. Then electric leaf blower to get most of water off and blow out crevices. Then softly glide a Griot’s Garage drying towel to finish drying. The key is to work top to bottom, always using clean mitts/towels and never applying too much pressure. Keep in mind one tiny piece of sand can be transferred as scratches throughout the entire car if you’re not careful and rub too hard.
I would suggest a foam canon of some sort...Griots has a couple of them. (not the plastic piece of junk they sell that attaches to a garden hose.). The one that attaches to a pressure washer works really well. I live in town where the Flagship store is and have stopped buy several times to ask about the stubby handle for the pressure washer...excuse after excuse. My son finally bought me one from The Chemical Guys...perfect.
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.