2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased the 2019 Chevy Blazer RS. Purchased the silver metallic ice with black trim/rims. So my question is with all the black plastic trim on the back bumper, front grill and the black bottom side runners, has anyone drove it thru a car wash? Wondering how sturdy the black trim pieces are. I'm worried about swirl marks/scratches.
Should I be looking into hand washing for now on? Appreciate any input.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just purchased the 2019 Chevy Blazer RS. Purchased the silver metallic ice with black trim/rims. So my question is with all the black plastic trim on the back bumper, front grill and the black bottom side runners, has anyone drove it thru a car wash? Wondering how sturdy the black trim pieces are. I'm worried about swirl marks/scratches.
You’re not going to be able to avoid swirl marks, but to keep them to minimal i would absolutely recommend washing your car by hand. Investing in some decent microfiber cloths, as well as looking into the two-bucket wash system with grit guards will help too. I bought the black RS, and after only 8 months of owning it, it’s already has swirl marks in it. To answer the first part of your question, you should be fine. I’ve taken my blazer through the car wash with no problems. Though, I’d recommend you take yours to a touch free wash, and not the regular car washes as this will cause scratching and swirls. Enjoy your new car! Luckily you won’t be able to see ALL the scratches with silver. Black is hard to avoid them with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You’re not going to be able to avoid swirl marks, but to keep them to minimal i would absolutely recommend washing your car by hand. Investing in some decent microfiber cloths, as well as looking into the two-bucket wash system with grit guards will help too. I bought the black RS, and after only 8 months of owning it, it’s already has swirl marks in it. To answer the first part of your question, you should be fine. I’ve taken my blazer through the car wash with no problems. Though, I’d recommend you take yours to a touch free wash, and not the regular car washes as this will cause scratching and swirls. Enjoy your new car! Luckily you won’t be able to see ALL the scratches with silver. Black is hard to avoid them with.
Thanks for replying.... I have definitely decided to hand wash. I just purchased some Meguiars microfiber cloths and cleaning products. Hopefully this will help the swirl marks stay to a minimum. I love the Blazer RS but I can already tell, only having it a week, that the black plastic trim, especially on rear bumper, is going to be high maintenance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ceramic coat it as soon as possible!

·
Registered
495 Posts
don't mean to sound like i'm advertising for the guy but Larry from Ammo NYC has some good videos on youtube along with some other detailer vloggers

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'd definitely recommend washing your Blazer by hand too. It doesn't leave anything to chance with marks and scratches. Also, I find it to be very relaxing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i just purchased my red hot 3LT 2 weeks ago. I invested in the 2 bucket wash w/grit guards. i also just purchased the ryobi undercarriage power washer attachment($40) for the winter salt here in NJ

·
Registered
22 Posts
i just purchased my red hot 3LT 2 weeks ago. I invested in the 2 bucket wash w/grit guards. i also just purchased the ryobi undercarriage power washer attachment($40) for the winter salt here in NJ
also a foam cannon with chemical guys ultra suds 2 concentrated soap

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I need to buy the wash bucket with grit guard. We live in South TX so don't have to worry about the salt here but would be nice to be able to power wash underneath just to get the road grime off after a rain.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have purchased many new dark colored vehicles over the years (mostly black) and always thought the extra "paint protection package" was just another useless add-on from the finance guy. I was talked into it for my new black Silverado trail boss. Wow, what a difference, I discovered I was wrong all those years!
I had the Blazer paint protection completed before driving off the lot as the midnight blue metallic is "almost" like a black vehicle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts