2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
I have the v4/v6 indicator on my 2019 3LT. It's on 4 different screens - Trip 1 and Trip 2, Fuel Information and Fuel Economy. It does go away when the auto-stop kicks in. Here are some photos for those who haven't seen it.

· Registered
109 Posts
Releasing the accelerator and coasting will cause the engine to go into v6 mode. That’s normal. My understanding is the engine does not use fuel when coasting so it doesn’t really matter if it’s in v4 or v6 mode. Changing to v6 mode means the engine is ready to accelerate with full power if you need it after coasting.

I don’t see v4 mode as often as I thought I would. It only comes on during very lightly applied throttle maintaining speed on level ground. Any additional pressure on the accelerator to maintain speed on the slightest hill will cause it to switch to v6.

My father has a Honda minivan that I drive with him from Florida to NJ 2x a year. It has a similar deactivation system. It will hold the 4 cyl mode much longer than my Blazer and I was expecting (hoping) for something similar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.