2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the center dash info screens, mileage pages, sometimes I see a V6 to left of the screen then sometimes I see V4. What is this?

·
Registered
45 Posts
this is ecotec.
When in normal driving conditions, engine runs on 4 cylinders. when you accelerate, switches to the full V6. For fuel economy.
This has been around with GM for years, surprised your asking that question, almost think you were trolling for a sec. lol.

However, my 2019 RS model, does not have V4/6 in the info screens. Not 100% if the RS is ecotec or not.

Same with the V8 trucks, runs on V4 and when needs, switches to V8.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I learned something new. I always though it was odd changing from V4 to V6, I never made the connection of Eco. thought it had something to do with a software version. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
36 Posts
this is ecotec.
When in normal driving conditions, engine runs on 4 cylinders. when you accelerate, switches to the full V6. For fuel economy.
This has been around with GM for years, surprised your asking that question, almost think you were trolling for a sec. lol.

However, my 2019 RS model, does not have V4/6 in the info screens. Not 100% if the RS is ecotec or not.

Same with the V8 trucks, runs on V4 and when needs, switches to V8.
The RS has the V6/4 on the instant economy screen. Seems to only switch back and forth once the engine is up to operating temperature.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i've had a 2019 Blazer RS AWD since June '19, i have never seen the V6/4 you are talking about. i don't think it is on the 19 RS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2019 Blazer Premier AWD and I tried to see this on the DIC displaying instant Economy and it wasn't there. Have had 2 software updates since I got the vehicle in SEPT 2019. Got other issues though

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the v4/v6 indicator on my 2019 3LT. It's on 4 different screens - Trip 1 and Trip 2, Fuel Information and Fuel Economy. It does go away when the auto-stop kicks in. Here are some photos for those who haven't seen it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have 2019 Blazer RS and my dash is like Edward's too. I haven't seen anything in the book or the dash saying it does the V6/4.
Laura

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm pretty sure the v6 is identical throughout the lineup. I'm guessing it was an oversight by the programmers that designed the upgraded gauge cluster.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not necessarily. As long as the engine is running, I see the cylinder notification. It only disappears when Autostop kicks in or I shut down the vehicle.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts