2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

Transmission Software issues???

27K views 42 replies 20 participants last post by  mud0227 
I have a 2019 Blazer RS with the 21 inch wheels .My problem isnt with the tires.The car has 8000 miles on it ,is only 9 months old,and has been in the shop 3 times...currently where it is residing.The engine light will come on.Soon after that,taking off from a stop,the car will not shift out of 1st or 2nd gear...max speed is 25 mph.If the car is turned off for a bit and "rests" the trouble may happen,may not.The mechanic has only been able to duplicate the problem once making the fix difficult .Has anyone had this issue and,if so,how was it fixed.Currently the service manager is taking the car home for the weekend to see what happens,but since the engine codes have been cleared I dont feel real confident on the problem reoccurring. Oh yes,the dealership has a case open with GM.Probably should have waited for the 2020 Blazers but I needed a new car and,,after tons of research,picked my RS.
Hi. My car is having same issue (won’t come out of 1st gear) along with low fuel light coming on and parking break light, traction control light as well) Its with drake now and they can’t replicate. How was your issue resolved at dealer? Thanks

I have a 2019 Blazer RS with the 21 inch wheels .My problem isnt with the tires.The car has 8000 miles on it ,is only 9 months old,and has been in the shop 3 times...currently where it is residing.The engine light will come on.Soon after that,taking off from a stop,the car will not shift out of 1st or 2nd gear...max speed is 25 mph.If the car is turned off for a bit and "rests" the trouble may happen,may not.The mechanic has only been able to duplicate the problem once making the fix difficult .Has anyone had this issue and,if so,how was it fixed.Currently the service manager is taking the car home for the weekend to see what happens,but since the engine codes have been cleared I dont feel real confident on the problem reoccurring. Oh yes,the dealership has a case open with GM.Probably should have waited for the 2020 Blazers but I needed a new car and,,after tons of research,picked my RS.
I’m having these same issues and dealer did not find any codes in computer ( even though I showed them pics of warning lights that came on) on my first service call for this issue and returned the car to me with no repaired performed. I now have another appointment with dealer for this same issue. Was dealer able to finally resolve this issue for you? Can you tell me what repair they performed?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.