2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else experience an issue that when you put your Blazer in Park you get the warning chime to shift it into park. So far it has happened to me 3 or 4 times in the past couple days. I can jiggle the shifter handle to get the chime to stop but it has me concerned.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Interesting, that was big problem with the new generation Malibu’s but it’s the first I’ve personally heard about with the Blazer.

It’s usually an adjustment or replacement of the shifter module on those vehicles, which if you didn’t already know is not a mechanical device any longer but an electronic one, because the Park pin switch is not functioning. I’d suggest visiting your dealer.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I was going to do that anyway. I was just curious if this was an issue others experienced. I recorded a video of the issue to because I always seem to get the "We were unable to recreate the issue" from Chevy service. I am still fighting to get the rattling and cabin noise issues resolved.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone else experience an issue that when you put your Blazer in Park you get the warning chime to shift it into park. So far it has happened to me 3 or 4 times in the past couple days. I can jiggle the shifter handle to get the chime to stop but it has me concerned.
I believe there was actually a service bulletin for that very issue! My 2019 RS was actually jamming itself into the parking brake mode while I was driving! I would then get the shift to park notice on my screen. It was in the dealer for a few days and they said there was a service bulletin for the issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Here is the service bulletin number that I mentioned

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you. This is most helpful. I will have this handy when I bring my Blazer in too. I have had dealers say they have no info of any issues before and having the service bulletin sometimes helps.
How expensive was this issue to get fixed? I've been having the same problem with the "shift to park" message.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had the same issue. I went to the dealership and they replace some type of harness attached to the gear shifter. It was under warranty, no charge. Works perfectly now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts