2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When using remote starter to start 2019 blazer the heat/defrost does not come on full blast even after running for 30 minutes. Is this normal? Anyone else have this problem? I live in Alberta and it seems useless to have a remote start that doesn't warm up the vehicle or defrost the windows. If I go out to start the vehicle it runs for about 15 minutes and then quits. Defeats the purpose in having a remote start if I have to go out every 15 minutes to start the vehicle. And yes I leave everything on high when I shut the vehicle off, so it should come on at high when I start it with the remote. Don't think this vehicle was made for winters in Alberta.

·
Registered
105 Posts
there is a timer on the remote start. IT describes this in the manual. You can extend the remote start cycle once or twice only. I think each press only gives you 10 minutes of engine run time. THis isn't a defect- it's not designed to run for 30 minutes in park. Also, there is a setting in the car that controls the max fan speed (to limit noise)- you should make sure your setting allows for MAX fan speed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is a timer on the remote start. IT describes this in the manual. You can extend the remote start cycle once or twice only. I think each press only gives you 10 minutes of engine run time. THis isn't a defect- it's not designed to run for 30 minutes in park. Also, there is a setting in the car that controls the max fan speed (to limit noise)- you should make sure your setting allows for MAX fan speed.
The setting is on max and it makes no difference. The fan does not blow full blast unless you go out and start the vehicle.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The setting is on max and it makes no difference. The fan does not blow full blast unless you go out and start the vehicle.
during auto start the fan should always blow at max speed until a desired temp is reached. If it's not then something isn't working right. The setting for fan speed only applies when the vehicle has actually been started from within the car. . You can extend the remote start cycle from the remote, you don't need to go to the vehicle. It must very cold for 15 minutes of run time to have little effect on the cabin temperature. American (or american branded I should say) vehicles typically have good HVAC performance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts