2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

Rattling sound

55K views 106 replies 35 participants last post by  Black Dragon 
#1 ·
Hey all. New here.

Just got my new Blazer RS 2 days ago and there has been a rattling sound or something similar since I drove it off the lot. I had not installed anything at that point. Tried removing the rear cargo bar...it’s not that.

Sounds to me like it’s coming from inside the cabin. But can’t figure out what could be rubbing together or banging that would cause this. It’s fairly noticeable any time you drive over a few miles per hour. Can’t tell if the sound is more plastic or metal.

#2 ·
holy crap I have the same problem...it sounds like if a glass is loose but am thinking its the rear seat that has the center seat attached...when you sit on it doesn't make that noise...
am taking it to the deal next week for them to try to figure it out...driving me nuts you can hear it all the time just cruising down the hwy

#7 ·
Hey all. New here.

Just got my new Blazer RS 2 days ago and there has been a rattling sound or something similar since I drove it off the lot. I had not installed anything at that point. Tried removing the rear cargo bar...it’s not that.

Sounds to me like it’s coming from inside the cabin. But can’t figure out what could be rubbing together or banging that would cause this. It’s relatively noticeable any time you drive over a few miles per hour. Can’t tell if the sound is more plastic or metal.
YES!!!! I am having the same issue. I took it to the dealership and all they did is move my back seat up two clicks, but it comes back. They tried to say it was my sunroof (a lie), and it wasn't secure. Drove it in the parking lot, the rattle came back like it never left. I took it right back. Now let's see how they lie this time.

#11 ·
I have had my 2019 AWD V6 Blazer back to the dealer 5 times for interior rattles. I got it the end of February and currently have 16K miles on it. After 4000 mi I heard a snapping sound coming from above the b-pillar on left side. It occurs going down the freeway on bump roads. Related to temperature. Dealer ordered the trim at top of B-pillar with the seat belt up and down adjustable retractor Technician said the plastic broke away from the clip. Had another rattle from passenger window area. The molded plastic around the inside door frame rattled. Technician put some foam strip under it and and it worked for 2 weeks. Rattle came back as well as plastic molding around the left rear window frame. Brought back and supposedly got fixed. 2 weeks later had rattles on right interior door panel. I looked at it myself because I was getting very irritated bringing back to dealer. Found one of the door panel clips pulled out of door panel and another not even pushed in hole but next to it and cocked. I believe the last technician did not put this together correctly. I put all the clips in correctly and that fixed that rattle for a few months. Ended up putting foam tape in areas under the passenger door panel. Weeks later, the upper trim around interior door frame started to rattle again. I put foam tape around all of plastic trim . The left rear upper trim around interior door frame started to rattle again. I put foam tape all around that plastic trim. A month later had rattles coming from both b-pillar areas again. I took left side apart and found the metal v-clips that go into the slot of the metal body vibrating. I put foam tape over the metal clips and snapped trim back in. Did this repair on the right B-pillar trim as well. Weeks later heard different noises from both B-pillars. Took apart and put in quilt foam insulation under the entire B-pillar trim. After a month of no rattles the original snapping noise above the drivers side head liner came back. I took the headliner down on the edge and and inspect. The side air bag was making the noise. I lined the headliner and air bag with in the same quilt foam insulation. All snapping and rattles were gone for a month. The same snapping noise by the drivers side air bag was back. Tried to adjust the insulation but noise was still there. The passenger door started rattling at times as well. The backs of both front seats had come unsnapped as well. Brought the Blazer back to dealer this morning for the 2 rattles and the seat back coming apart. I have owned 12 GM vehicles over the years of which 6 were brand new and had good luck with all. This whole poor quality interior fit with this snap together cheap plastic crap makes me feel like this $40K vehicle was not the right choice this time around. I usually keep my vehicles 8 to 10 years but having this many rattles after 8 mos makes me want to trade it in already. With the GM strike and very limited parts available GM is very disappointing these days.

#15 ·
Very nice. I like it a lot. You did a good job there.

I really like the colors on my white RS, even though I’m not much of a white car guy.

But I’m thinking of having the top of the car painted black to match the black roof rails and the bottom trim. Lots of cars out there like Volvo and range rover with that look.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Sport utility vehicle

#16 ·
Looks sharp! I have not seen a white RS in person yet! So I picked up my blazer from the dealer this afternoon and got two blocks away and still heard the snapping noise in headliner and the rattle in the right door. They also forgot to attach the seat backs in place. Turned around and dropped back off. They gave me a new silverado loner. Very frustrating.

#18 ·
That's what I was originally going to get but couldn't pull the trigger on 60K and 20MPG. My passenger noise started with the plastic trim around the top of the door frame. If I put a finger between the glass and the trim the noise stopped...hence the foam tape. I hate rattles. Good luck!

#20 ·
So I have been dealing with the rattling and other issues with this brand new car. Called GM customer care solutions. The information is that has come back to me is "Some rattling noise is acceptable and is not covered under warranty" David Burns GM Field Engineer Technician. I'm so disappointed with GM personal, they don't care the we spend our hard earn money. They don't care that they have inadequate quality assurance coming out of Mexico. But I will say that this Veteran is very disappointed and I'm sure officials at GM don't know we are being treated this way strike or no strike.

#21 ·
45G for a silverado LTZ sounds cheap. Probably with the 2.7L turbo 4cyl they now offer. The loaner I am driving has that eng. It's peppy but the eng sounds like the old Cavalier. 310Hp with 450Lbs of torque. Not bad for a 4cyl. Got 23 MPG on the 30 mi ride in to work.

#22 ·
#24 ·
That's a good price for a V8 4x4. They still have my Blazer at the dealer. The 2020 Silverado crew cab I am driving makes me miss the Blazer. It obviously rides rougher.... it's a truck. Fits in the garage but a little too big for a daily runner. Hope to get the Blazer back tomorrow. I am working with a GM adviser via email.... we will see. Just hope GM takes this rattle business seriously.

#26 ·
I picked up my Blazer tonight. The dealer had it for 5 days and drove it periodically every day. The rattle on the right side they figured to be the small speaker under the grab handle in the headliner. The left side never made that ticking or snapping noise but they fell it might be the small speaker in the headliner as well. Both small speaker are on order so I will take it back when parts come in. Holding my breath with the strike situation.

#30 ·
SO....it has been a week since I picked the Blazer back up. The microphone speakers are on order but might not come for a month due to the strike. The rattles were quiet for a week until today. The passenger door panel started making a snapping noise again if I brake or turn the wheel back and forth rapidly. If I push on the back part of the door panel or arm rest on the door the noise stops. on Bumpy roads it buzzes. The speaker will not fix this rattle. The noise in the headliner above the B-pillar started up as well. It also snaps on braking or accelerating. Went to dealer to give service writer a ride but he was the only one working and couldn't go. I am taking it in next Tue again. Also the back of the passenger seat came unsnapped again. So frustrating!!! Not sure if I should try a different dealer or what I should do.

#38 ·
Hi Len, I have had three rattles from the right side. Two of them I ended up fixing myself. One was from the b-pillar metal V clips that go into the slot of the body. I ended up putting foam tape over the V clip so it's more insulated on the panel snaps in. The other was the plastic molding that goes around the top of the door frame. I found that one out by putting my finger between the glass and the molding the rattle would stop. Ended up putting foam tape underneath the whole plastic molding. The third is the right door panel. Ended up putting foam tape underneath certain areas on the upper right of the door panel. That panel keeps rattling on bumpy roads when the temperature is warm out. I ended up trying to repair all of the rattles myself because I was sick of taking it back to the dealer a dozen times and them at finding anyting.

#40 ·
Hi Len, I have had three rattles from the right side. Two of them I ended up fixing myself. One was from the b-pillar metal V clips that go into the slot of the body. I ended up putting foam tape over the V clip so it's more insulated on the panel snaps in. The other was the plastic molding that goes around the top of the door frame. I found that one out by putting my finger between the glass and the molding the rattle would stop. Ended up putting foam tape underneath the whole plastic molding. The third is the right door panel. Ended up putting foam tape underneath certain areas on the upper right of the door panel. That panel keeps rattling on bumpy roads when the temperature is warm out. I ended up trying to repair all of the rattles myself because I was sick of taking it back to the dealer a dozen times and them at finding anything.
Thanks Jerry I have one on the passenger side Door? or Front Pillar and ideas on this one I can't take it already. Let me know what you think

I have also been fixing my own. All the door panels rattled in mine. I loosened the same screw in the bottom of the door panels and I put a small bead of clear silicone around all the panels then retighten up door panels back up that got rid of door rattle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.