2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am going to take it back. Basically when it gets above 85' the driver side sounds like a BB in a plastic bottle. The right side sounds like a speaker is out with the crackling. That usually happens when the car has been running for a bit and it's hotter outside too. I told them at this point they can take the car back if they can't fix it bc I cannot handle the noises as they are very distracting. May as well have a baby screaming the whole time

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked up a 2020 Blazer and have a ticking and rattling noises as well. When I took it in to the mechanic for the first time, no noises were heard! It was also 59F when I drove for a 7:30 AM appointment. Since the mechanic could not hear the noises, I made a video that I emailed to my service advisor. The next appointment is tomorrow at 1:30 PM.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I picked up a 2020 Blazer and have a ticking and rattling noises as well. When I took it in to the mechanic for the first time, no noises were heard! It was also 59F when I drove for a 7:30 AM appointment. Since the mechanic could not hear the noises, I made a video that I emailed to my service advisor. The next appointment is tomorrow at 1:30 PM.
I am pretty sure I have this along with an annoying squeaking/creaking noise coming from the back it sounds like. They serviced the lift gate once for the squeak noise but it did not fix anything. I hear it every morning driving to work and it seems to be louder then compared to later in the day driving home. For a nearly $50K vehicle is squeaks and rattles like a 15 year old car with 200K miles on it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Since the mechanic could not hear the noises, I made a video that I emailed to my service advisor...
My passenger pillar sounds like your driver side pillar. It started when the temps and humidity went up in July. The past week has been cool and I don't recall hearing the noise recently. Based on the Bulletin Jerry B posted on the top of page 4 of this thread it seems like an easy fix. Good luck at the dealership. Hope it gets fixed 1st time through...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Based on the Bulletin Jerry B posted on the top of page 4 of this thread it seems like an easy fix. Good luck at the dealership. Hope it gets fixed 1st time through...
The service writer did take a look at my video and we confirmed it was my car and video. I handed a bunch of printed resources to the service writer based on what owners found on a forum with similar issues. Any little bit may help! The service writer did show the technician the video of my car and handed the printed resources to the technician. I really felt reassured the issue would be fixed since service was actively listening and saw the video detailing the problem. After about an hour and twenty minutes, the technician performed 19-NA-111 and I was asked to do a ride-along. Prior to exiting the parking lot, the noise could be heard, and we swapped seats for the technician to take the wheel. About 20 minutes later, we tried the test drive again and had similar results. Another 20 minutes passed, and the technician told me they were going to replace the B-Pillar and the part is on backorder. Based on the service ticket, they ordered two parts to replace both the driver and passenger Upper Center Pillar Trim (Part 84631381 and Part 84631384.) Results for replacement parts TBD in a future appointment.

This is an interesting forum as well for rattles and shakes.
Lots of rattles and shakes

81 - 86 of 86 Posts