2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Len, I have had three rattles from the right side. Two of them I ended up fixing myself. One was from the b-pillar metal V clips that go into the slot of the body. I ended up putting foam tape over the V clip so it's more insulated on the panel snaps in. The other was the plastic molding that goes around the top of the door frame. I found that one out by putting my finger between the glass and the molding the rattle would stop. Ended up putting foam tape underneath the whole plastic molding. The third is the right door panel. Ended up putting foam tape underneath certain areas on the upper right of the door panel. That panel keeps rattling on bumpy roads when the temperature is warm out. I ended up trying to repair all of the rattles myself because I was sick of taking it back to the dealer a dozen times and them at finding anyting.
ill try that jerry I love the blazer just so many rattles and noises in the interior sad I can't believe it LOL

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just started on my way back from the gym tonight. Whole rear passenger side started making a sound that is very annoying. We just got snow for the first time today and got into the single digits temp wise, hopefully has nothing to do with it. I need to get an oil change so I’ll have them take a look at the same time. I made a video of the sound to show them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My Blazer is the opposite. When it is cold the rattles are mostly gone. When temps are 50F and the sun is out, the left side air bag rattles as well as the front passenger door panel.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My Blazer is the opposite. When it is cold the rattles are mostly gone. When temps are 50F and the sun is out, the left side air bag rattles as well as the front passenger door panel.
Interesting. I let my car warm up before I left for work this morning. The sound was there for about a block or 2 but once I got on the highway and all the way to work the sound was gone. Guess we will see what the dealership says.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I read with interest about the rattle issue. I hate rattles as much as anyone! Are most of these complaints about the 2019 model year? I have the 2020, and it is silent so far although I only have 1800 miles on the clock.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello Michael! I have a 2019 Blazer I bought last Feb. The CUV was very quiet until about 6000mi on it and when temperatures got warmer. I live near Milwaukee, Wi. It is currently unseasonably cold for Nov here and it has been mostly quite. I love the vehicle and hope you have the 2020 rattle free version!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I read with interest about the rattle issue. I hate rattles as much as anyone! Are most of these complaints about the 2019 model year? I have the 2020, and it is silent so far although I only have 1800 miles on the clock.
Mine is a 2019, sat at the dealership over the weekend. Got my oil change, and tire rotation. They said they fixed the sound, told me some clips broke? We will see how long it last.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i hear one coming from the rear- didnt notice it the first day or two but noticed it several days later. I too thought it was the cargo divider bar, but I tightened that down and the sound persists. The irony of quiet vehicles is that you can hear ANY rattle or squeak because so little outside noise gets in the cabin. I hope its something as simple as the seat needing to be firmly bolted down to the structure. Even though this is a shared platform, I believe this is the only CUV on this platform that is assembled in mexico. Not that I believe they cant screw something together as well as anyone else, but the history just isnt there for this platform coming out of Mexico.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Uggghhh I have same problem. Great a new 2020 car and already have issues. First time I went with Chevy!. I hear it and when i was on hwy I looked in rearview and it seemed the hatch was shaking it looked like like hatch window was vibrating. I got out made sure hatch was closed it was and still does it every day!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also I too did notice the door panels are not snugly applied on too. U tap on them and here the sound of an unsecure fit. This is my 3rd new car and NEVER heard of that, who wanta to bring i a mew car and have the original factory installations tampered with! Rediculous. I thought I loved it when I got it bit then I drove it for a few weeks! My Kia SX seems to be assembled with more care and better half the price. I thought getting another American brand would be better this time again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That is very disappointing. I have had 6 brand new GM vehicles with no issues at all. They were all assembled in Canada or USA. This new Blazer is the quietest so any little rattle seems to be easily heard but I agree the quality that the door panels and B pillar panels are put together is very poor. My Blazer is a 2019. Bought it end of Feb. Currently have 21K miles. I was really hoping the 2020 would have the bugs worked out.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i think people need to chill with the "I got an American car for first time and I cant believe this quality" thing- cars are very global and this car is made in Mexico- just like some BMW and VW models. The platform mates for this car are made in another factory in the US and Mexico has never produced an SUV on this platform. I leased an acadia before this and did not hear these sounds.

My sound is more of a squeak than rattle, happens every time you hit a substantial bump or pothole. Seems to be coming from under rear seat or the hatch area. Something that shouldn't be moving seems to be rubbing on some other surface. It's a bit annoying for sure.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That is very disappointing. I have had 6 brand new GM vehicles with no issues at all. They were all assembled in Canada or USA. This new Blazer is the quietest so any little rattle seems to be easily heard but I agree the quality that the door panels and B pillar panels are put together is very poor. My Blazer is a 2019. Bought it end of Feb. Currently have 21K miles. I was really hoping the 2020 would have the bugs worked out.
I have an annoying sound, but to me the build quality is fine- in fact, the interior is better quality (materials and assembly) than the Acadia. Granted, most of the acadia interior was just fine, but there were a few areas (i.e. the front part of the center console) that had gaps that were unacceptable for such a pricey vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same issue here on my 2019. The rattling is fairly quiet in the cold but when the temps warm back up it sounds terrible. I didn't notice any of it until around the 6k mile mark. Dealer has already had it 8 times and has tried a variety of things with no luck. Honestly thinking of trading it in already.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is a fix that may be the issue for some of you with the B pillar rattle. Tell your dealer to look up bulletin #19-NA-111. The fix is to re-torque to proper specs the fasteners for the door latches. This will be relevant to 2019 models only.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This didn't work on mine. Dealer is still waiting for a new solution from Chevrolet.

There is a fix that may be the issue for some of you with the B pillar rattle. Tell your dealer to look up bulletin #19-NA-111. The fix is to re-torque to proper specs the fasteners for the door latches. This will be relevant to 2019 models only.
View attachment 400

41 - 60 of 66 Posts