2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else’s 2021 blazers park brake apply on its own?? When I park I shut off my blazer and the next time I get in to go the park brake is applied. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had this issue starting only a few days ago. It seems random as to when it occurs too. It's very unpredictable. I'll be calling the dealer soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok seems a little strange, I was gonna have it looked at on it oil change keep me post as I’ll do the same

·
Registered
66 Posts
I do not have this issue. Stays off till I push the button to turn it on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does anyone else’s 2021 blazers park brake apply on its own?? When I park I shut off my blazer and the next time I get in to go the park brake is applied. Anyone else have this issue?
Mine works as it should. Has anyone else wondered how to use this e-Brake in an actual Emergency, such as your brakes failed & you needed to "nudge" on the emergency brake to stop the vehicle? This e-Brake is either full 100% locked or off without modulation. That would lock the rear wheels & send vehicle out of control!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine works as it should. Has anyone else wondered how to use this e-Brake in an actual Emergency, such as your brakes failed & you needed to "nudge" on the emergency brake to stop the vehicle? This e-Brake is either full 100% locked or off without modulation. That would lock the rear wheels & send vehicle out of control!
It’s not really an emergency brake anymore but instead a parking brake.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes. This has happened randomly since I picked up my vehicle 3 weeks ago. It will almost always do it if I’m on an incline but will also do it in my garage sometimes. I’d say it’s done it half a dozen times. According to the manual, it is normal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok thx still strange mine does it on flat ground. Maybe it just doing a test
Yes, as I wrote in my post above, mine has done it a few times while sitting in the garage. I will go out to start it, and it is on. I truly don't think anything is wrong, since it is addressed in the manual. There are a few Facebook groups dedicated the the Blazer, and many members have posted that they experience the same thing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had similar with my 2019 Blazer. Mine actually jammed itself into park while I was driving! I have never even touched the parking brake. It was in the dealer for a few days where they had to replace brake actuators and there was also a service bulletin for the "shift to park" issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes. Do you crank it and pull the stick shift into gear before everything boots up?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for posting that about the EPB I thought I was going bonkers and thinking that I was doing something wrong or losing my mind. It just seems it’s doing the random check in my 2021 Blazer RS almost Daily!!!! And it sucks!!! Thanks Again!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for posting that about the EPB I thought I was going bonkers and thinking that I was doing something wrong or losing my mind. It just seems it’s doing the random check in my 2021 Blazer RS almost Daily!!!! And it sucks!!! Thanks Again!!!
Np

1 - 16 of 16 Posts