2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my RS on 4-17-19 has 1000 miles, noticed a bubble in the paint on back hatch, and now 3 paint chips already?? Cant help but think this is not me?? Has to be a paint issue???? anyone else??? bringing to dealer Thursday for bubble offered me a free touch up paint pen for other spots...

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I noticed some paint issues the day I picked my Blazer up from the dealership, right before they handed me the keys. Thankfully I caught it before I drove off the lot, otherwise I dont think they would have fixed it. They had to repaint my entire tailgate, and buff out a spot on the front of the hood.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I noticed some paint issues the day I picked my Blazer up from the dealership, right before they handed me the keys. Thankfully I caught it before I drove off the lot, otherwise I dont think they would have fixed it. They had to repaint my entire tailgate, and buff out a spot on the front of the hood.
That's the best case scenario and hopefully others learn from it before taking delivery themselves.
For anyone reading this I suggest checking out an automotive detailing forum or some youtube videos to know what to look for.

·
Registered
34 Posts
On black Blazers you can see the faded black paint as well in direct sunlight at an angle. They didn't finish painting the entire vehicle evenly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
On black Blazers you can see the faded black paint as well in direct sunlight at an angle. They didn't finish painting the entire vehicle evenly.
As I expected.

Even very high end vehicles have these problems right from the factory.
If anyone on this board with a black blazer is planning to get some sort of paint treatment done I'll be curious to see the before and after.

·
Registered
18 Posts
As I expected.

Even very high end vehicles have these problems right from the factory.
If anyone on this board with a black blazer is planning to get some sort of paint treatment done I'll be curious to see the before and after.
Im considering it, I definitely notice more swirls and weird marks in this black vehicle, more so than any other black brand new vehicle from chevy ive purchased. I'm new to the detailing world though. Any suggestions you have would be helpful

·
Registered
28 Posts
@trailblazer not only are dealers not helpful but their wash guys will unknowingly scratch your paint with dirty wash mits
right you are. Nothing like a dirty mitt to ruin a paint job. found a couple spots I wasn't happy about, unfortunately, didn't catch it before I drove off the lot, so I'm stuck with it, red paint.
I got the 3M protection done before I picked it up, some of the edges started to peal. dealer fixed free of charge. didn't know it at the time, but the 3M protection is under warranty for 7 years. guess that's a plus.

my only grip is that they didn't put a piece down by the rear wheels, or on the back bumper. loading and unloading from the back, short as I am, sometime got to lean against the bumper, if there's dirt on the bumper it scratches.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Im considering it, I definitely notice more swirls and weird marks in this black vehicle, more so than any other black brand new vehicle from chevy ive purchased. I'm new to the detailing world though. Any suggestions you have would be helpful
i used to be a detailer for one of the biggest dealership owners in Atlantic Canada. Not saying I am the best, but some things I do know about, from full interior cleans to exterior power buffing. Have a question, ask away, but fixing/cleaning exterior paint is a job in a half, and one mistake can cost you an entire paint job (or at least the panel your working on). Melted my fair share of plastic bumpers trying to get scratches out with high speed buffer, lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts