2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
I just did an oil change on the wifes Camaro 3.6. The owners manual states PF63E which is what I put on. I just bought a 2020 Blazer RS and the book says UPF63R.

What is the difference between these two filters? I'd like to consolidated and just use whichever is better.
The UPF filter is a thicker gauge material on the filter can which is required to keep it from bursting because the 3.6 blazer engine has a high pressure oil pump

·
Registered
132 Posts
A guy told me the Mobil 1 filter #M1-212A is a better filter to use on my 3.6 Blazer than the Delco one. Anybody else using that one? I've used the Mobil 1 filters on my Audi for many years and they seem pretty high quality.
A guy…lol…GM spends millions to engineer these components….if you want to risk your filter exploding then by all means listen to the guy.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Mobil 1 filters are quite high quality. I suspect they are better than Delco. I never had a Mobil 1 filter "explode" on my Audi or Corvette. I wish GM's engineers would have done a better job and not released the terrible 2.4 Ecotech on us. What a piece of crap that is.
like i said earlier in this thread, the Delco has a thicker canister, an improvement over the PF63E and i'm sure thicker than the Mobil1...they changed it because the PF63E canister was failing due to the high pressure oil pump....but go ahead and do what you want...i'm only trying to get the info out there

1 - 3 of 3 Posts