2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the owners manual calls for the UPF63R oil filter. I'm going to do my own oil changes. I stopped by two different dealerships and both dont sell the filter. They told me they just throw a different filter on when doing oil changes because they dont have the right one in stock. Just thought I give you guys a heads up. I'm just going to order a couple of them from rock auto so I have the "Correct" filter according to the manual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ADA.ACE1... I use the AC Delco PF63 oil filter... it is easy find.. .same filter as my 2018 Silverado 6.2l... even my 2010 Silverado 5.3. There is a web site for oil filter conversions... Oil filter cross reference
I order my filter by the case from RockAuto... makes it a pretty cheap oil change... CAD $4.13ea The Deal wants $12 each...
I run nothing but synthetic oil.. . easy to find deals
Also,
I put a small, rare earth magnet on the bottom of the outside of the oil filter to contain small metal particles in the filter.
enjoy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea but the upr filter is higher quality and also recomend as the correct filter in my manual. 6 bucks on rock auto. That website does not list upf63r or a replacement filter. The filters are different, ones inside is made of plastic, other one very heavy and made of metal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts