2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Chevy Blazer 3LT v6 fwd Blue Glow Metallic
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 3lt Blazer last week in blue glow metallic. I ordered it from the factory. When I ordered it, I ordered the blacked out grill and inserts. When I took delivery they told me that the black grill and inserts were on back order. I can buy the parts with the option to put them in myself. Is it possible to change the grill without dropping the whole front bumper?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just purchased a 3lt Blazer last week in blue glow metallic. I ordered it from the factory. When I ordered it, I ordered the blacked out grill and inserts. When I took delivery they told me that the black grill and inserts were on back order. I can buy the parts with the option to put them in myself. Is it possible to change the grill without dropping the whole front bumper?
Nope unfortunately. I broke my grille. Ordered a RS grille probably the same one you did black out one but that’s on back order and it was months already. Found a used oem 3lt grill. You need to take the bumper off. It’s easy there’s a YouTube vid. Only time consuming part are all the tabs you’re trying not to break removing the old one. Just time consuming and patience but very doable

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope unfortunately. I broke my grille. Ordered a RS grille probably the same one you did black out one but that’s on back order and it was months already. Found a used oem 3lt grill. You need to take the bumper off. It’s easy there’s a YouTube vid. Only time consuming part are all the tabs you’re trying not to break removing the old one. Just time consuming and patience but very doable
Thank you very much for the reply. I actually just found the video. You're right, it looks easy. Now I just have to decide if I want that grill and wait, or get my current grill (the chrome inserts) wrapped in black. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thank you very much for the reply. I actually just found the video. You're right, it looks easy. Now I just have to decide if I want that grill and wait, or get my current grill (the chrome inserts) wrapped in black. Appreciate it.
Yea my rs grill was on back order for 2 months now with no eta. Just replaced it with original used parts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea my rs grill was on back order for 2 months now with no eta. Just replaced it with original used parts.
Yeah I already waited to get the blazer when I ordered it. I don't want to wait longer for the grill than the initial wait for my 3lt. I'm gonna wrap it once I find a good place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.