2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed out the silver lugs for black ones

Car makers like to put silver lugs on black wheels so that they can get customers to pay $300+ for OEM black lugs as an accessory. Well I did not fall for that. I went out and got a set of Gorilla locking lugs I think it makes the wheels look much better. Now to see if I can maybe get a new center cap.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The new lugs look great! It's a nice subtle touch that makes a noticeable difference! What center cap are you looking to get?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The new lugs look great! It's a nice subtle touch that makes a noticeable difference! What center cap are you looking to get?
You know I don't know. The silver bowtie is probably fine but part of me wishes they had center caps with the Cajun Red bowtie to match the color of my blazer.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You know I don't know. The silver bowtie is probably fine but part of me wishes they had center caps with the Cajun Red bowtie to match the color of my blazer.
That would be cool to match your paint job. I'm sure some aftermarket supplier is going to create one like that.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks great! I need to do this. Did you buy them direct from Gorilla or somewhere else?
I got them from Amazon

·
Registered
1 Posts
I changed out the silver lugs for black ones
View attachment 183

Car makers like to put silver lugs on black wheels so that they can get customers to pay $300+ for OEM black lugs as an accessory. Well I did not fall for that. I went out and got a set of Gorilla locking lugs I think it makes the wheels look much better. Now to see if I can maybe get a new center cap.
Make sure you torque them to 140 ft lbs. That is the spec in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thought about doing this with McGard locking Lug nuts. Even at my distributor cost on those it was over $100 for a set. Think I might go this route. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts