2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sounds great! all you need to know. lol I would say if you have any interest in the exhaust it's worth the money. It's the classic Magnaflow sound on a V6. Plus gives you the quad tip exhaust which is far more sporty then the OE exhaust. With the K&N Filter it changed the sound even more when I get into the higher RPM's on sport mode I find myself speeding a bit more then usual..

It's a little more throaty sounding then this but close.
@Blender, I posted a reply to this clip the day you posted it but it seems to have disappeared? Regardless, great job using this MagnaFlow video/sound clip. It sounds pretty close to what my FWD sounded like when I picked it up. After they tweaked it for me it toned down a few decibels but still sounds great.

I love the sound when I gun it hard and it shifts quickly and also when downshifting quickly. I also noticed on my FWD the tips tuck in almost perfectly flush with the apron, it looks like the AWD sits proud a bit more, which I think you mentioned after it was installed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
@Blender, I posted a reply to this clip the day you posted it but it seems to have disappeared? Regardless, great job using this MagnaFlow video/sound clip. It sounds pretty close to what my FWD sounded like when I picked it up. After they tweaked it for me it toned down a few decibels but still sounds great.

I love the sound when I gun it hard and it shifts quickly and also when downshifting quickly. I also noticed on my FWD the tips tuck in almost perfectly flush with the apron, it looks like the AWD sits proud a bit more, which I think you mentioned after it was installed.
Yeah, it's a prototype and it looks like they don't even have the AWD out yet. I'm not mad about it lol I at least got an exhaust for my AWD.. not many do ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Does anyone know when they’ll have a AWD version available?
Last I talked to them the said it was 3 weeks out from the time I got the prototype. That was early March, but then that's also when Covid19 really started going and MF is out of California and they shut almost everything down. So I don't know when it will actually get out into retail.

·
Registered
2020 Chevy Blazer 3LT Redline
20 Posts
That sounds pretty good! I haven’t heard the magnaflow catback yet, but this one sounds good!

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Magnaflow system is back again, but this time for FWD and AWD...same part number 19466. Getting it installed next week. Good deal on Hottexhaust.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I installed mine yesterday. Pretty happy with it thus far. Concerned there might be some highway drone but I haven’t taken it on the highway yet. Sounds really good though. Hopefully we start getting some more options for various mods soon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I installed mine yesterday. Pretty happy with it thus far. Concerned there might be some highway drone but I haven’t taken it on the highway yet. Sounds really good though. Hopefully we start getting some more options for various mods soon.
Hi, hope you are enjoying the car and the exhaust. Any updates/impressions on the drone, whether on the highway or anywhere else? I am curious if drone is what they resolved for DavidE several months ago, and if the fix made it into production:

My 2019 Blazer RS FWD was used by MagnaFlow to make the prototype that is pictured in the post above. After purchasing the vehicle and driving it home from the dealership I noticed immediatley it had an ear piercing tone at cruising speeds when in overdrive. It literally gave me a headache, not to mention figuratively gave me one because of the $2,000 cost the dealer added.

The great news is I am close to MagnaFlow and they took care of me immediately and added something to quiet it up. Also it originally made the the rear floorboards vibrate (snip)

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, hope you are enjoying the car and the exhaust. Any updates/impressions on the drone, whether on the highway or anywhere else? I am curious if drone is what they resolved for DavidE several months ago, and if the fix made it into production:

Thanks
I’m happy to report that there is no drone. The exhaust sounds pretty good overall. There’s a little bit of choppiness at low rpms and low speed when there’s not much airflow, but it’s not too bad and doesn’t happen at higher speeds.
With all that being said, if I could go back in time I probably wouldn’t have ordered the exhaust. It sounds good. It looks good. There’s nothing wrong with it, I just don’t feel as if I’ve gotten much bang for my buck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m happy to report that there is no drone. The exhaust sounds pretty good overall. There’s a little bit of choppiness at low rpms and low speed when there’s not much airflow, but it’s not too bad and doesn’t happen at higher speeds.
With all that being said, if I could go back in time I probably wouldn’t have ordered the exhaust. It sounds good. It looks good. There’s nothing wrong with it, I just don’t feel as if I’ve gotten much bang for my buck.
Thanks for the quick reply!

No drone is definitely good news, though choppiness seems like an unusual side effect. Is it something you feel, where the car is actually stumbling, or mostly just hear?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply!

No drone is definitely good news, though choppiness seems like an unusual side effect. Is it something you feel, where the car is actually stumbling, or mostly just hear?
no problem!

it’s just the sound, no stumble or anything. You can hear the air not flowing smoothly

·
Registered
20 Posts
no problem!

it’s just the sound, no stumble or anything. You can hear the air not flowing smoothly
This is still puzzling, considering most Magnaflow units are straight through design. By any chance do you have any other mods--an intake? Have you ruled out any leaks or checked in with Magnaflow tech support?

Really appreciate the info. I'm thinking about buying one of these but researching best I can first.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts