2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
did you get it installed ?...able to post any video of how great it sounds ?
It did get installed! We finally have completion. I'm going to work on getting a video for you. I'm not sure how but I'll figure it out. Being that this is a prototype for the AWD models installing it was a little tough as it did not line up perfectly with the brackets. One of the pipes was a half inch too long so we had to do some fabricating to get it too work. Also in the picture of the side you can see that the exit pipes stick out about an extra inch out.. not a big deal and I'm sure that will be fine tuned when they release the production exhaust.

The sound is exactly what I wanted though. It's loud enough but not too loud. It's doesn't sound like a cheap fart cannon on a Honda Civic or anything like that. The rumble is perfect.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It did get installed! We finally have completion. I'm going to work on getting a video for you. I'm not sure how but I'll figure it out. Being that this is a prototype for the AWD models installing it was a little tough as it did not line up perfectly with the brackets. One of the pipes was a half inch too long so we had to do some fabricating to get it too work. Also in the picture of the side you can see that the exit pipes stick out about an extra inch out.. not a big deal and I'm sure that will be fine tuned when they release the production exhaust.

The sound is exactly what I wanted though. It's loud enough but not too loud. It's doesn't sound like a cheap fart cannon on a Honda Civic or anything like that. The rumble is perfect.

View attachment 530 View attachment 531
Oh man I really like how this looks. If it sounds good too I may just have to bite the bullet and get a set for my Blazer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
nice ...looks good , for me would like to see the tips tucked in a bit for sure ...glad ya got it on (y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
really looking forward to hearing how it sounds. I have one on my 2010 Camaro and love it. it kills me to hear no exhaust note when i drive the stocker.

·
Registered
13 Posts

View attachment 530 View attachment 531
I could maybe PM you an email that you could send the sound clip ...or maybe send to Utube and let us all know (y) :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone done a sound clip? I am about to purchase this catback and want to make sure it sounds good
I've attempted to create a sound clip/video but neither sounds the same to me during playback as when I am recording it (seems distant and tinny?). Not sure what the trick is but I'll see If I can figure something out soon. I assume your kit will be similar to mine although I did have Magna-Flow tune it slightly after install because at certain RPM's it would trigger a headache (for me).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Has anyone done a sound clip? I am about to purchase this catback and want to make sure it sounds good
Like DavidE said anything I do on my phone I'm struggling to get a solid video transferred to my computer that's not tiny like him. I'm trying to think of a way to get something on here but I'm not the most computer savey and I don't have a YouTube.

It's not a overly aggressive sound but it's a nice rumble. I honestly don't think the video does the exhaust justice in person. It's not an exhaust on an 8 cylinder but its nice a nice sound for the 6 I think!

41 - 50 of 50 Posts