2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Blender - can't thank you enough for your post. I received my exhaust last night...scheduled the install for Friday. I too have AWD...saved me a big headache! Magnaflow is covering return shipping.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Blender - can't thank you enough for your post. I received my exhaust last night...scheduled the install for Friday. I too have AWD...saved me a big headache! Magnaflow is covering return shipping.
Glad to help! Sucks because I was like a kid Christmas morning waiting... hopefully they get me this prototype sooner rather then later!

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 2019 Blazer RS FWD was used by MagnaFlow to make the prototype that is pictured in the post above. After purchasing the vehicle and driving it home from the dealership I noticed immediatley it had an ear piercing tone at cruising speeds when in overdrive. It literally gave me a headache, not to mention figuratively gave me one because of the $2,000 cost the dealer added.

The great news is I am close to MagnaFlow and they took care of me immediately and added something to quiet it up. Also it originally made the the rear floorboards vibrate. Ever since I LOVE the sound at all RPM's and speeds and no vibrations. I am pretty sure it added to the performance. I test drove the exact stock vehicle, then immediately drove mine and I could feel more low end torque and it has more PEP off the line. My wife who has the 2020 Traverse V6 calls it a "race-car". This was after teasing me about my "teenager exhaust".

I drive with a bit of a lead foot but I am pretty sure my mpg has dropped? The trip meter says I'm getting 17.1mpg average after almost 6000 miles but it seems like less than that??? I did a full tank freeway only test and got 24mpg while driving at speeds over 90-110MPH (at times) so all is not lost.

FYI, for those with a trailer hitch, I was concerned it would not allow me to add a factory hitch but it worked great.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
My 2019 Blazer RS FWD was used by MagnaFlow to make the prototype that is pictured in the post above. After purchasing the vehicle and driving it home from the dealership I noticed immediatley it had an ear piercing tone at cruising speeds when in overdrive. It literally gave me a headache, not to mention figuratively gave me one because of the $2,000 cost the dealer added.

The great news is I am close to MagnaFlow and they took care of me immediately and added something to quiet it up. Also it originally made the the rear floorboards vibrate. Ever since I LOVE the sound at all RPM's and speeds and no vibrations. I am pretty sure it added to the performance. I test drove the exact stock vehicle, then immediately drove mine and I could feel more low end torque and it has more PEP off the line. My wife who has the 2020 Traverse V6 calls it a "race-car". This was after teasing me about my "teenager exhaust".

I drive with a bit of a lead foot but I am pretty sure my mpg has dropped? The trip meter says I'm getting 17.1mpg average after almost 6000 miles but it seems like less than that??? I did a full tank freeway only test and got 24mpg while driving at speeds over 90-110MPH (at times) so all is not lost.

FYI, for those with a trailer hitch, I was concerned it would not allow me to add a factory hitch but it worked great.
That's awesome! Man that makes me so disappointed that it didn't work out for me. I'm hating the sound right now since we had to weld my stock exhaust back on, and I don't think the shop I had working on the exhaust was the best at welding so I don't think it's that clean of a seal.. sounds like a old Honda Civic with a rusted out exhaust pipe right under the passenger seat!

The customer service manager Robert I talked to with MagnaFlow told me they would try and get an AWD Blazer in the shop as soon as possible and get me a prototype production exhaust out to me as soon as possible. He hoped that would be by next Friday which is actually my birthday. Cross my fingers! I did already get my refund from HottExhaust which was awesome and they were very pleasant to work with on that!

How does the auto-stop feature feel with the exhaust? I was curious how that would make it sound stopping at a stoplight if it would be that loud at the start up every time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I dealt with Jeff Peterson in customer service at MagnaFlow (949) 585-5900. He was reluctant to tell me he could help until I told him this was the demo vehicle, then he was on it quick. The Research & Development team did the repair and were awesome and quick also. Hopefully they bang it out and ship it ASAP.

I tried to record a video of the exhaust sound when starting & revving but it does not do it justice when I play it on my phone or nice sound system. But remember if it is too loud just remind MagnaFlow that you were the demo vehicle or at least one of the first to put it on.

I hated the auto-stop at first like everyone else but I've actually gotten used to it and it is not as big of a deal as before. I actually enjoy hearing it re-start because of the exhaust.

·
Registered
15 Posts
glad I checked this out , i also have the AWD RS and have been excited to see that the exhaust is ready to ship ....hope that they can get all of us AWD guys production wise up and ready to ship
would like to hear a sound clip for sure

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well after 2 weeks of no responses from Magnaflow and finally I decided to call once again and leave a message that wasn't that nice. This finally got me a response back, that my exhaust is scheduled to ship out today for the AWD. We will see how accurate that is as they failed to email me for 2 weeks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well after 2 weeks of no responses from Magnaflow and finally I decided to call once again and leave a message that wasn't that nice. This finally got me a response back, that my exhaust is scheduled to ship out today for the AWD. We will see how accurate that is as they failed to email me for 2 weeks.
Looking forward to seeing and hearing the final install

·
Registered
15 Posts
yea Magnaflow responded back to me today that the rest of us AWD guys are looking at 4 to 6 weeks ... we shall see

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
yea Magnaflow responded back to me today that the rest of us AWD guys are looking at 4 to 6 weeks ... we shall see
I'm sorry to hear that. I actually just got mine in today. I'll be going to have it installed today, I'll keep this updated.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Nevermind… I got to my installer over my lunch break and when we got my car on the lift and opened the box... They didn't supply me with any mufflers.. waiting on a reply back from Magnaflow now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Nevermind… I got to my installer over my lunch break and when we got my car on the lift and opened the box... They didn't supply me with any mufflers.. waiting on a reply back from Magnaflow now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
so you returned your other complete system ?....I was tinking in my mind that the only difference would be the connection pipe around the rear drive to the Y pipe ... but really never had a good luck

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
so you returned your other complete system ?....I was tinking in my mind that the only difference would be the connection pipe around the rear drive to the Y pipe ... but really never had a good luck
You are correct. He forgot I sent back the whole system. But now on the phone it sounded like they didn't have stock of the pieces I need to finish. Said he was going to give me a call back sometime today with an answer for me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
wow what a train wreck, as excited as you get to have it ...sure gets frustrating with just pulling it together..hope that ya get to hear the rumble soon

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
www.carid.com

This place has it on their website for the RS and many more parts. Check em out!
That is the one I originally purchased. They failed to acknowledge that they only made it for the 2WD Blazers. I did get a call from Magnaflow that they are sending me out another system today and I should see it on Monday.

Apparently they are reintroducing the exhaust in 2-3 weeks that will be compatible with both the 2WD and AWD Blazers.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts