2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I got my blazer about 3 weeks ago I have had a ton of random rattles and shakes when going over rough pavement, hills or just at higher speeds. Going to take to the dealer this week since I can’t seem to pinpoint.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Similar issues that started with passenger door rattles. Dealer reported to GM unable to fix as more rattles occurring, Problem eventually traced to bad frame welds parting company. Ours was early 2019 build model.
Blazer is being replaced by GM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Purchased my Blazer in early June and it's plagued with rattles. They started in the B pillar and have spread throughout the vehicle. Two dealers have had it checked and its in for the 7th service appointment tomorrow.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i hear something in the rear. very slight- but the vehicle is brand new so we shall see. This is definitely concerning after reading some of these stories

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased my Blazer in early June and it's plagued with rattles. They started in the B pillar and have spread throughout the vehicle. Two dealers have had it checked and its in for the 7th service appointment tomorrow.
Last time I looked on this website I couldn’t find anyone who seemed to have the same issues as me, until now. I’m interested in knowing more about your issues and if they were resolved for you and how? Dealership could never pinpoint my noises however they seemed to have subsided in the B pillars since it’s been cold (scared for it to warm up again).

·
Registered
5 Posts
We still have issues with ours. The rattles seem to be coming from the passenger/driver side b pillar and somewhere in the rear cargo area. They'll disappear when the weather gets cold but when it warms up they WILL come back. Dealer thinks the b pillar rattles are related to TSB 19-NA-111 but the fixes Chevrolet has released have yet to correct the problem. The rear cargo area rattles haven't been identified yet but now believed to be something with the rear bench. Dealer has replaced the rear bumper fascia, rear bump stops, rear liftgate cover, adjusted door strikers, and added foam tape without much luck. We did rid ourselves of the squeaking we had from the rear so one problem is fixed in 6 months. It was related to foam gasket being improperly installed around the rear window.

I just found this today as well, looks like we're not alone...
Rattling sound

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having rattling issues with mine as well. It's mainly on the driver's side. I can't tell if it's in the B pillar or something in the driver's side door below the window but I'm not an auto mechanic so I shouldn't have to know where it's coming from. I've taken my Blazer to the dealer twice to get it fixed in accordance with service bulletin 19-NA-111. The technician was able to hear the rattle but it's not fixed. At this point, I'm waiting for the dealer to do some research into this issue and call me back so I can take it in a third time. I've had this vehicle for just over a month - about 2100 miles.

·
Registered
97 Posts
so far the fixes the dealer made seem to have worked for me. They did the TSB fix for the passenger B pillar area and something around the rear hatch glass insulation. The B pillar sound was more of a subtle ticking sound than a rattle honestly. If you are hearing a clear rattling sound it's probably not that. In my car it appeared to be something under the bench seat that was vibrating when I hit bumps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had a rattling noise coming from behind drivers seat that was bothering me. I found the upper seat belt support clip was rattling,(both left and right sides of vehicle). You can check yours by shaking with your hand and hearing the noise. For whatever reason... mine was metal to metal. I popped the plastic cover off with a screwdriver to find this out. I use a flexible seam sealer (3M # 8405) and applied to both sides of the small metal area with a normal caulk gun. Don't need to apply much, just enough to cushion the metal parts from clanging against each other. What a DIFFERENCE in noise level driving around Michigan on our lousy roads !! Hope fully, this may help some of you out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Since I got my blazer about 3 weeks ago I have had a ton of random rattles and shakes when going over rough pavement, hills or just at higher speeds. Going to take to the dealer this week since I can’t seem to pinpoint.
Please see my post about the rattling top seat belt supports. A quick fix with some flexible seam sealer and a caulk gun.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Had a rattling noise coming from behind drivers seat that was bothering me. I found the upper seat belt support clip was rattling,(both left and right sides of vehicle). You can check yours by shaking with your hand and hearing the noise. For whatever reason... mine was metal to metal. I popped the plastic cover off with a screwdriver to find this out. I use a flexible seam sealer (3M # 8405) and applied to both sides of the small metal area with a normal caulk gun. Don't need to apply much, just enough to cushion the metal parts from clanging against each other. What a DIFFERENCE in noise level driving around Michigan on our lousy roads !! Hope fully, this may help some of you out.
This seems very similar to the TSB fix released by chevy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts