2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 RS AWD Pewter Metallic, Black interior, 21" wheels, pano roof
185 Posts
Housings or bulbs? Bulbs are available, but I personally, am not a fan of LED bulbs in a halogen or HID housing. I am considering however, changing to OEM LED housings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Housings or bulbs? Bulbs are available, but I personally, am not a fan of LED bulbs in a halogen or HID housing. I am considering however, changing to OEM LED housings.
Honestly I’m looking more for a direction of how to brighten my low beams. I thought led was the way to go but I’m open to all recommendations. Currently my lights are standard from the factory but don’t seem very bright. Would you have any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
185 Posts
Headlight Revolution has a D3 comparison video but it’s not with a Blazer housing

·
Registered
4 Posts
What's important to know about standard headlights is that they use a halogen light technology. Halogen lights operate at a high temperature, which requires a more complicated and expensive design in order to keep them properly cooled. In contrast, LED headlights emit light from individual LEDs, work at low temperatures for better efficiency, and require no maintenance or replacement costs. A car can also have both its headlamps set on different kinds of technologies for additional customization!

The conversion process itself is done with three main stages: removing the old bulb type from the vehicle's bumper; installing brackets for your new headlight's housing; installing your new bulb through these brackets into the front of your vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
185 Posts
My concern is lenses icing up in the winter with LED, much less heat. I’ve noticed the F150’s ice up significantly more than my halogens

1 - 6 of 6 Posts