2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More and more first drives and reviews are starting to find their way online. Micah was impressed with the performance of the 3.6 engine and the quality of materials used throughout the cabin. I do feel like pricing was intentionally avoided because of how uncompetitive it is for the segment.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with focusing on the high points of the car, and anyone whos considering it should be doing their own research. This is one of the first times that I've heard Micah actually praise a product from Chevy.

·
Registered
123 Posts
He was pretty happy with the new Impala and Cruze as well. But I do that his overall positivism does make this review seem more promotional. Or maybe Chevy really has done a good job with the styling and performance of this crossover.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The borrowed Camaro design cues work in its favour imo, especially in terms of a more sports car inspired cabin. But with anything there are going to be people who would rather not see that kind of part sharing.

·
Registered
495 Posts
The borrowed Camaro design cues work in its favour imo, especially in terms of a more sports car inspired cabin. But with anything there are going to be people who would rather not see that kind of part sharing.
In a way I like that it takes after the new Urus, no way I can pay over $100k for an SUV making the Blazer the perfect option from a design perspective

·
Registered
123 Posts
That's a reach imo, as I don't see any borrowed design cues between them. I was not expecting the Urus to do as well as it has. Goes to prove that even exotic buyers are starting to lean towards things with better visibility and utility.

·
Registered
495 Posts
That's a reach imo, as I don't see any borrowed design cues between them. I was not expecting the Urus to do as well as it has. Goes to prove that even exotic buyers are starting to lean towards things with better visibility and utility.
the angles are very similar from what I can see but its not a problem because the Blazers design has features commonly seen in SUV's within the past 4-5 years to the point that comparisons can be endless

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some similar body lines maybe, but that's where the comparison stops. They sit in entirely different price brackets for a reason and performance numbers are vastly different. There is no shortage of performance SUV's on the market now, it really just depends on your brand preference and budget.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I still think the similarities are quite pronounced but its not like it'll matter in the end. Blazer owners can only dream of owning a Urus and Urus owners will just laugh at the Blazer.
Like the Chrysler 300 we're likely to have some posers trying to make it look like a Lambo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts