2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 829 miles on my 2020 Blazer. The infotainment screen locks and will not allow you to use the buttons or touch screen. It continues to play after the car shuts off, exit the vehicle and lock doors. Eventually it will reset but annoying when you can’t pull over to turn the car off. Checked for updates, don’t plug my phone in. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did you try hitting the overhead OnStar button, then disconnecting the call. Was told this "resets" the radio. Maybe worth a try?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm just over 5k miles and this happens to me a few times a month. It usually manifests by the left side channel changing paddles on the back of the steering wheel not working at first, and then by the home screen freezing and not changing to nav, audio, etc - but whatever the radio is on still plays. I can turn it off, or select other modes but nothing works. Radio volume is the only thing still working. Usually have to park, turn the car off and wait a few hours for everything to reset. My guess is Linux or whatever OS they run the Infotainment system on is hung and has to go through a predetermined timeout period and reboot to clear itself. Very annoying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts