2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My Blazer RS has about 250 miles on it and am having trouble adding fuel. I am sorta OCD so my cars never get below 3/4 tank. First time I put fuel in I could only get about a gallon in, it would splash back out so I stopped trying to force it. A few days later I was able to add 5 gallons with no problem. Today I could only get a gallon or so in and it splashed back out. I took it to our local dealer and they had not come across it on any recent vehicles. They suggested trying a different gas station which I did with same results. I am at 7/8 of a tank right now and we all agreed to wait and get it at about half tank and I will see what happens.

Anyone ever heard of this? I had a 2004 Avalanche and vaguely remember this being an issue from time to time (Loved the Avalanche).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Thanks for replying. I still only have 310 miles on it. My issue wasn't that the fuel gauge was showing the incorrect amount. I physically couldn't put fuel in as it spit it out. I will wait until I am closer to being 1/4 tank and try again.

A little off putting that my dealer seemed to have no solution. They are a great small town dealer so I suspect they will step it up if this continues.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh, I am not alone.

I was able to fill it up from about 5/8 of a tank yesterday with no issues. I had a similar issue with my 2004 Avalanche and just cant remember what the resolution was.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.