2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM has been thinking of bringing back the Hummer as an electric vehicle, according to Bloomberg.

For now, it’s just an idea GM is considering as it plans which vehicles will be included in a fleet of electrified SUVs and trucks, say people familiar with the matter. The Hummer name has surfaced as way to tap growing demand for rugged SUVs with off-road capabilities, while avoiding the gasoline-burning image that made the brand something of a pariah a decade ago, said the people, who asked not to be named because the conversations are private.
Electric Hummer chatter comes as GM is looking to transform itself from a conventional, gas-powered-vehicle maker into what Chief Executive Officer Mary Barra calls an “all-electric future.” Hummer is one of many options GM is exploring as it races to develop the next generation of battery-powered vehicles. Several other car companies also are rushing to produce commercially viable electric-powered models.
I'm a bit shocked to see that Hummer is being considered as an electric vehicle. I don't think it's going to happen but I wouldn't be upset if they actually did it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Military spending is up and will likely see a repeat of the H1 era if Hummer comes back. I like the idea!
If GM actually planned this properly they could have a lot of fun with creating an electric Hummer. Even if it was just a concept car it would be great to see!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts