2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of curiosity, how many miles do you get on average before you hit empty?

When I had my old cluster, I would only clock around 396 - 443 miles. However, with the digital cluster I’m receiving 506-580 miles.

I don’t know why there would be such a big discrepancy considering I didn’t change any, so maybe the older cluster is programmed off a little?

I have a 3LT 2021 V6

·
Registered
12 Posts
Out of curiosity, how many miles do you get on average before you hit empty?

When I had my old cluster, I would only clock around 396 - 443 miles. However, with the digital cluster I’m receiving 506-580 miles.

I don’t know why there would be such a big discrepancy considering I didn’t change any, so maybe the older cluster is programmed off a little?

I have a 3LT 2021 V6
I have the 2019 RS model, and I average around 825kms - 900kms to a tank, 87 octane

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’m guessing that the cluster is programmed for the 20” tire/wheel size of the RS vs the 18” of the LS?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am driving a 2020 rs v6 around town...average trip in the morning is 1/2 mile, at night about 5 miles. I see about 280 miles per tank. Less for the next three months with warming up and defrosting the car.

If I get hwy miles I'll see closer to 430 a tank.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2020 RS and twice I almost ran out of gas by believing what the range was showing. I miss being able to reset the gallons used like what my Trailblazer had. It was pretty accurate knowing how many gallons I had left and knowing the miles per gallon, I could figure out easily how far I could go without running out of gas. I'll have to check one day how many miles I get with a tank of gas. Might way until warmer weather. When I first got my car, which was the end of August 2020, I was getting 22.5 miles to a gallon. It is now the end of December and 10,000 miles later, it has dropped to 19.5 m/gal. Anyone else have this experience?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the base model 4 cyl. I get nearly 500 miles from a tank And more than 500 on the highway. Usually 25mpg in the city sometimes less. And most times on the highway I get 28-30. There are times when City mpg is as low as 20 mph but usually only when i have to dodge New Jersey drivers or I cant miss a light.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You need to be careful with relying on the range to gage your next gas stop, several variables go into the range calculation. Not to mention knowing where/how far the next gas station is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2020 RS and twice I almost ran out of gas by believing what the range was showing. I miss being able to reset the gallons used like what my Trailblazer had. It was pretty accurate knowing how many gallons I had left and knowing the miles per gallon, I could figure out easily how far I could go without running out of gas. I'll have to check one day how many miles I get with a tank of gas. Might way until warmer weather. When I first got my car, which was the end of August 2020, I was getting 22.5 miles to a gallon. It is now the end of December and 10,000 miles later, it has dropped to 19.5 m/gal. Anyone else have this experience?
I use the gas gauge, I don't let my blazer get much below 1/4 tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts