2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a long time coming, but now that the Blazer has been officially unveiled, I'm betting that the site will start to see a lot more traffic. While some may not be a fan of the redesign, I think as a mass market vehicle it will do quite well. Looking forward to seeing the power outputs in the high performance trims.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It's no K5, but depending on how Chevy plans to spec it, it could fill a gap in the segment for a non luxury performance SUV. The only other automaker that seems to be interested in this is Ford with their upcoming Edge ST.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the main advantage that the Blazer has over the Edge ST is a variety of trim levels and engine options. Ford has decided to go with a prepackaged model in their first performance SUV, I think in an effort to keep the MSRP down.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Chevy also has a lot to prove and a lot of catching up to do. For too long they stopped at making a great Tahoe and Suburban, but cut every other SUV below them short of a better position. Only question now is how soon till higher end trims come to this mainstream product.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Chevy has already outlined both the RS and Premiere trims. I think as its main new competitor will be the upcoming Edge ST, which is prepackaged, this is more than enough for launch.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Chevy has already outlined both the RS and Premiere trims. I think as its main new competitor will be the upcoming Edge ST, which is prepackaged, this is more than enough for launch.
Do you think the Blazer might do better due to its cheaper starting price of $29,999? The Edge has been long established so GM is up against a lot.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even if it has a better entry price, I'll bet that by the time you factor in additional packages/options its going to end up pretty close to the Edge ST. Its going to boil down to brand loyalty and aftermarket support.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I see what you mean.

Hopefully people look into the details because GM launched it on a new platform that's capable of impressive driving dynamics as GM themselves claimed. All this during a stronger shift throughout varying models for greater focus on performance.

·
Registered
86 Posts
What are the odds that we'll be seeing a custom Blazer make an appearance at SEMA? I've already seen some articles that the new Edge will be there and it's looking promising with some mods.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hennessey Performance is on my list of brands to look into and SEMA would serve them well. Being a vehicle that starts out just under $30k its a large market they can attract.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's not looking like the Blazer is going to get the same level of aftermarket support as the Edge ST, at least for launch. Ford already knows that the Edge is a seller and Chevy may be waiting to establish a baseline before putting more money into the platform.

·
Registered
493 Posts
GM does well at making boring products that actually sell and have been seeing a steady rise in SUV sales, give time, the Blazer marks a new era that actually brings in fun.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't know how much fun there is to be had in a full size SUV, but its the perfect vehicle for todays market. It's at the very least sporty looking, which can't be said for a lot of new SUV's/crossovers.

·
Registered
493 Posts
body control is a big one and so far GM has been expanding on its magnetic ride system, taking after German brands that seen success with larger implementation
so far I haven't seen anyone complaining about it, in fact, it changes the game

1 - 14 of 14 Posts