2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 29 lt3 v6, when the windows are down I'm getting whiff's of warm antifreeze, think I've added some some as well in the past 15k miles, has anyone experienced the same.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Blazer 2LT
27 Posts
I have a 29 lt3 v6, when the windows are down I'm getting whiff's of warm antifreeze, think I've added some some as well in the past 15k miles, has anyone experienced the same.
When I bought My 2019 two months ago, from a dealership, Chevy..the radiator failed, tensioner and belt. Right after I bought it. Took it right back! They tried telling Me nothing was wrong, oh yes it was! If antifreeze hits that belt it will squeal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2019 v6 - I'm experiencing the same thing right now, about to make a dealer service appt. Definite coolant on a hot engine smell but not enough of a leak to hit the garage floor, can't see where under the hood either, but definitely a leak. Only 18k miles. :mad:

·
Registered
3 Posts
2019 v6 - I'm experiencing the same thing right now, about to make a dealer service appt. Definite coolant on a hot engine smell but not enough of a leak to hit the garage floor, can't see where under the hood either, but definitely a leak. Only 18k miles. :mad:
Leaking radiator I’m on my 2nd radiator! Leaks from the top portion of radiator , at least that’s where mine have been.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Finally went to dealer, it was a bad Radiator, leek coming from the upper seams. they replaced it. Go figure, they should do better on Quality control
I just had to replace my radiator to the tune of $1039. It was also leaking from an upper seam like yours. I've only had it for a year and 8 months. I bought brand new thinking I wouldn't have all of the repairs. Last July had to have the fuel pump and a wheel bearing replaced and I'm on my 3rd set of 21 inch tires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a '20 Blazer. I'm going on my 2nd radiator. 1st one they said was a pin hole leak.
Now I'm smelling coolant again and my fluid is a little low. They said it would cost me close to 1600 to replace. I'm calling GM tomorrow. I'm NOT paying that. There has to be a defect someplace

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a '20 Blazer. I'm going on my 2nd radiator. 1st one they said was a pin hole leak.
Now I'm smelling coolant again and my fluid is a little low. They said it would cost me close to 1600 to replace. I'm calling GM tomorrow. I'm NOT paying that. There has to be a defect someplace
Thanks for the info. I am start on wonder if I should get rid of mine before these problems develop? Only have put on 3000 miles. Seen another Blazer went up in flames and burned for a loss. Post mentioned it started in the information center. Makes me wonder if I am safe parking in my Man Cave. Sure are seeing a lot of negatives about this model. Damn. Did I screw up buying it? It drives great and comfy and great mpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2020 2LT with the 3.6L with around 11,000 miles on it and had been smelling the maple syrup(antifreeze) smell coming from the drivers side grill.I’t wasn’t a strong smell but I could smell it none the less and I knew that it was antifreeze.I’ve looked all over the radiator,coolant hoses,etc.for any leaks and couldn’t find anything but the smell persisted.Finally last month I saw wetness on the bottom drivers side of the radiator where the composite plastic and the metal core are mated together.I had my local Chevy dealer replace under warranty and now all is good.This may not be a Blazer only problem seeing how these modern plastic radiators are made but you Blazer owners might take a sniff around the front of your grill once in a while.Other then that I love my Red Hot Blazer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2020 2LT with the 3.6L with around 11,000 miles on it and had been smelling the maple syrup(antifreeze) smell coming from the drivers side grill.I’t wasn’t a strong smell but I could smell it none the less and I knew that it was antifreeze.I’ve looked all over the radiator,coolant hoses,etc.for any leaks and couldn’t find anything but the smell persisted.Finally last month I saw wetness on the bottom drivers side of the radiator where the composite plastic and the metal core are mated together.I had my local Chevy dealer replace under warranty and now all is good.This may not be a Blazer only problem seeing how these modern plastic radiators are made but you Blazer owners might take a sniff around the front of your grill once in a while.Other then that I love my Red Hot Blazer.
I have a 2020 and this will be my 2nd radiator in 11 months. Not covered under the warranty for new radiator cause it's 12k mi warranty and I drive around 32k a yr. So I'm screwed.
Was 800 for the last time cause GM paid half since I was just outside my Warrenty. Looking to see if I can get a local shop to do it not a dealership where I got it. They want over 1600 again. Not sure if I'll be keeping it after this. I cant afford these repairs every yr. It's crazy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts