2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now this is what I like to see in the old school scene. The amount of fabrication and work that goes into these builds to get them pulled off clean, and right is phenomenal.

This 1970 Chevy Blazer got it's top chopped off, among many other changes of course, but it looks right. Doesn't look weird or anything, it sits exactly how it should. This is brought to us by a company called TMI Products of Corona and was built by Larry Ashley and his crew.

The mod list is obviously extremely extensive so I'll post the link below and you can read up more about it if you'd like.

Anyone else appreciate these custom builds?

TMI?s Super Sexy 1970 Chevy Blazer Built for SEMA - Hot Rod Network

·
Registered
493 Posts
For a lot of traditional Blazer guys like myself this will take some getting used to. Quality of work was done well but overall I don't like it, not my sort of thing. But then again, its a Cali car... who's really surprised :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol surfboard inside an all ;)

These and low-riders have always captured my attention and fit my preferences of what I would do with a build. Definitely not for everyone though haha. On the flip side... this is an example of what I really really don't like haha:

·
Registered
78 Posts
The proportions look odd to me, mostly because of how much they've slammed it on top of the additional splitter. If it sat a bit higher and they tossed the splitter then it'll look factory to me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah.. I think the splitter was thrown in there so it had more a custom look to better suit it for SEMA.

I don't think they really changed much of the proportions though other than just slicing the top off of it? Which proportions look off to you?

·
Registered
78 Posts
The rear looks shorter to me without the top and the bonnet area too long. Something about ti just rubs me the wrong way and the splitter doesn't help.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It could potentially be the way the photo was taken which is what I'm thinking about now. Typically a build with this much work into it, they wouldn't make silly mistakes like that I don't think.

·
Registered
78 Posts
this one could pass for a chop top if you remove the fabric top, that would just leave the front windshield and it looks a lot better than a slammed version.

·
Registered
493 Posts
If thats the case then for safety I would need it to have roll bar. That wasn't a popular thing back in the days but today it would be.

·
Registered
123 Posts
This has been a pretty popular mod on classic Blazers, and it looks fantastic when done correctly. This 1972 model is no exception and it includes a 454 cubic inch V8, a mean black exterior color, a brown/orange two-tone leather interior (done by B&K Customs), airbrushed wood grain surrounds for the instrument panel and dashboard, lowered suspension and a proper set of rollers.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I find that they distort the body lines a lot and there's a simple explanation for it, the body line doesn't come up high enough. All the vehicles that look great with shorter windshields and windows have high body lines.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts