2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Parents around the world dread that moment when their children are old enough to start driving and rightfully so. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the leading cause of death among teenagers are motor vehicle accidents. That’s why Chevrolet is offering Teen Driver Technology for most of their models and perhaps any future ones as well, including the Blazer.

Accessed via the MyLink display using a Pin, parents can set various limits including speed and audio volume. It’ll also automatically turn on safety features like Side Blind Zone Alert, Forward Collision Alert and Front Automatic Braking if applicable. Parents can even pull up an in-vehicle report card to see how the new driver is doing and pinpoint where improvements are needed.

Chevy is actually the first automaker to provide such a feature and it seems to have been around since last year. Currently, it comes standard in 12 models including all SUVs and crossovers aside from the Trax. Looking at the lineup, it’s very likely that Chevy will install said system in a new driver friendly model like the Blazer once it goes on sale.

Encouraging safe driving habits one teenager at a time, perhaps this feature should become an industry standard.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I really think that the Blazer should be a showcase of tech that Chevy has on a reasonable level, just something that doesn't include more than the Tahoe.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The Blazer is expected to be a crossover whereas the Tahoe is a full sized SUV with an optional third row. I doubt the Blazer will poach customers from another model and the teen technology sounds like something all cars should have. Mostly the speed limiting feature, god knows I've sped plenty of times in my youth.

·
Registered
495 Posts
The Blazer is expected to be a crossover whereas the Tahoe is a full sized SUV with an optional third row. I doubt the Blazer will poach customers from another model and the teen technology sounds like something all cars should have. Mostly the speed limiting feature, god knows I've sped plenty of times in my youth.
well that's just what we think might happen which is unfounded right now in facts, we're still waiting for a lot of things to come to light so there's no telling how good or bad it will be to pull people away from the competition
what I do know is Chevy has been doing a better job at making cars resonate with people than 10 years ago

·
Registered
78 Posts
A lot of things are under wraps and all we can do is speculate on any bit of new information we have. Chevy is keeping tight lipped and that's to be expected, but people may lose interest if they keep quiet for too long.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great feature indeed! Although I'm not a fan of setting up speed and audio volume limits for youngsters, I find Side Blind Zone Alert, Forward Collision Alert and Front Automatic Braking very important! Also, the idea of trip report seems really useful for me, hope all the carmakers will get into it eventually.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Anyone that wanted a hybrid SUV from GM might find some good reasons to wait for this, GM had plans to cancel the Tahoe Hybrid, that alone leaves room for a Blazer Hybrid to happen. Unlike the Tahoe Hybrid this might actually have good consistent sales.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've never heard about Blazer going Hybrid, did they announced it or it's just your guess? What are the odds that Chevy will use this model to offer the Hybrid SUV to the market?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Just thought about this but if it mean a decent reduction in insurance rates then its even more of an incentive for someone with a young adult in the house to drive it as well. Insuring them isn't cheap especially if you live in the city, even if we're talking about a big SUV and not a sports car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts