• No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"General Motors is currently carrying out its own electric-vehicle strategy, and we don't know if a direct competitor to the Mustang Mach-E is in the cards. But GM does have a flexible EV platform due in 2021 that is set to underpin at least nine different vehicles, with the first being a Cadillac SUV. If GM wanted to follow Ford's lead and leverage the Camaro's name and looks for a sporty electric crossover of its own, it might look something like these renderings." ~ MSN Autos

If Chevy builds it, who here would buy it?

I always thought GM could take the Blazer approach up a notch, in a NEW way, and this would be ideal for most of us that like electric.

Thoughts?

Camaro E/28 Electric SUV

Camaro E/28 Electric SUV

·
Registered
94 Posts
NO. Personally I do not think that Chevy should dilute the Camaro nameplate like this by expanding it to a SUV electric or not. I am not a fan of how Ford is doing that now with the Mustang. Fine to make a sporty electric (or even gas powered) SUV but give it its own identity.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NO. Personally I do not think that Chevy should dilute the Camaro nameplate like this by expanding it to a SUV electric or not. I am not a fan of how Ford is doing that now with the Mustang. Fine to make a sporty electric (or even gas powered) SUV but give it its own identity.
Sadly at this rate it's only a matter when. As long as its done properly, I might just considering accepting the idea of one. Ideas of what the finished design could look like would help although nothing convincing has surfaced that beats the one above.

This was another example:
Electric Camaro SUV

1 - 3 of 3 Posts