2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of people seem to think that Chevy's decision to omit LED headlights is a mistake. In my opinion is just seems like they are cutting corners, in an effort to keep production costs down. For those who don't know there is also a small illuminated Chevy bowtie integrated into the bottom of each taillamp cluster.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Is this just for cost cutting? I feel like with the new IIHS standards, that the new Blazer is going to fall pretty low on the scale for the headlight test with Halogens. They've already performed pretty poorly on other GM models.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I think there's potential for us to see an LR2 version now that the Colorado LR2 launched. Slowly people are demanding more off-road tuned SUV's and this Blazer might be idea for it.

Its a great way for GM to take a page from Jeeps book.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm honestly not sure why GM decided this was okay. And its not like the bulbs can simply be swapped out for those who want better visibility. Leaves room for a third party company to release better headlamps however.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'm honestly not sure why GM decided this was okay. And its not like the bulbs can simply be swapped out for those who want better visibility. Leaves room for a third party company to release better headlamps however.
Historically GM has always been the last to upgrade along with many other brands that offer entry-level products. Same thing happens with Honda, Toyota, etc.
Even when car makers started introducing projector headlights, they were some of the last to adopt.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If LED's aren't even being offered in some Cadillac models, then I'm not too sure why this move is all that surprising. Though getting a better safety rating through IIHS could go a long way for early adoption rates.

·
Registered
493 Posts
If LED's aren't even being offered in some Cadillac models, then I'm not too sure why this move is all that surprising. Though getting a better safety rating through IIHS could go a long way for early adoption rates.
I know the new XT4 gets both LED headlights and tail lights. Its a vehicle lower down in Cadillac's product line so that should say a lot about where they stand on offering these.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A lot of owners tend to swap out factory lighting systems anyways. Its not usually that expensive to replace head/tail lamps with better performing bulbs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts