2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since seeing the Blazer RS and reading about its slightly different exterior, I still feel it didn't represent the RS badge how it should, especially on a revolutionary new product for Chevy. Yeah we get the custom grille, front air dams, blacked out bowtie and even a matching interior theme. In my opinion they should have added a sportier steering wheel (closer to the new Camaro), fully body color (no lower black plastic....yeah I know its an SUV), along with LED fog lights, and more aggressive exterior aero.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I would have to agree, but I think there's only so much aesthetic tweaking that can be done to mass market crossover without limiting interest in it. Overstyling could actually end up working against them. I'm pretty tired of all the plastic cladding that we're seeing on all these new crossovers.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have to agree, but I think there's only so much aesthetic tweaking that can be done to mass market crossover without limiting interest in it. Overstyling could actually end up working against them. I'm pretty tired of all the plastic cladding that we're seeing on all these new crossovers.
Very true. So far GM seems to have this process down to a T where they're able to get products to market without issue.
Overtime however I would like to see them offer limited edition versions that could help to pave the way for more interesting high volume versions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is NO matching interior theme, I bought Kinetic Blue and the interior accents are RED, not blue. I feel this was a huge miss. Also needs some steering wheel flairs near the top for grip like my '02 Camaro has. Would love to see even MORE performance options: suspension, stiffness, handling, braking, power/TQ! Needs a V8 option and hybrid option, IMHO.

Also, what is up with wireless charging, but NO WIRELESS CARPLAY!?!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ever since seeing the Blazer RS and reading about its slightly different exterior, I still feel it didn't represent the RS badge how it should, especially on a revolutionary new product for Chevy. Yeah we get the custom grille, front air dams, blacked out bowtie and even a matching interior theme. In my opinion they should have added a sportier steering wheel (closer to the new Camaro), fully body color (no lower black plastic....yeah I know its an SUV), along with LED fog lights, and more aggressive exterior aero.

It's been typical of the RS mark for Chevy. I had a RS Cruze and just look at the RS Camaro's. GM really hasn't had a true performance upgrade since the SS versions went away - and even then, they embellished a little (Malibu SS???)

I think the RS really sticks out and it is the reason I bought a Red Hot Blazer. I never even noticed the other versions...

·
Registered
11 Posts
While I really like the RS styling, I do wish for an SS version. I would love an LT1 but might take a 3.0 TT. Just let the boys from Holden tune a suspension.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts