2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read an article on USAToday.com which isn't directly an automotive publication but they have an "automotive" section I guess. Anyhow, they mentioned that enthusiasts might be disappointed as we shouldn't expect the Blazer to be the "Jeep targeting" beast that it was back then and it'll be more of a civilized family hauler. They compared the old one with the Bronco and said it's not going to be quite that way.

But I kind of had that feeling from before so I'm not that worried about it being a "competitor" in that fashion, but more of if it'll just be appealing to me.

Is anyone worried that it may not be such a "beast" or even "sporty" ?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2017/07/19/5-dead-car-models-automakers-could-revive-by-2020/103790348/

·
Registered
78 Posts
Chevy must be moving in that direction for a reason, probably because they see a bigger market in those that want a good city driver. Odd that they're comparing the Blazer to a rock climber.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Blazer was definitely much like the Bronco was but definitely not a rock crawler or off-road machine like the Wrangler was. Family oriented and commuter friendly definitely does have a bigger market than the niche off-road beast or sporty suv, so sales is definitely the goal over a brand image vehicle I guess?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Well this time around they might consider bringing in more off-road characteristics. Already they had a Silverado concept tailored to rival the Ram Rebel.... some of that off-road DNA in the Blazer will be adequate for most Chevy loyalists.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts