2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a custom Blazer from BJ Baldwin and it's a 800-horsepower Baja 1000 capable beast. Watching the video, I'm continuously surprised that the car hasn't rolled over yet. That King suspension system and Alcon brakes are doing their jobs spectacularly.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Love seeing people put these to work and hopefully Ford and Chevrolet has plans to create some unique concept builds of the Bronco and Blazer, similar to what Jeep does at SEMA. Anything to see the potential of these.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah it definitely looks like they have that Blazer fine tuned. Not many trucks would get away with those two wheeled stunts. Cant believe how beastly it sounds, but I guess that's what 800hp gets you. Looks awesome in that flat black color too.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yeah it definitely looks like they have that Blazer fine tuned. Not many trucks would get away with those two wheeled stunts. Cant believe how beastly it sounds, but I guess that's what 800hp gets you. Looks awesome in that flat black color too.
So much that its far off from any stock Blazer or vehicle in its segment. Often in this situation they would reinforce the frame and install stiffer springs to take on the impact, sort of like what's done elsewhere with hardcore off roaders. Otherwise that frame would get twisted rather easily.

·
Registered
137 Posts
This is one of the reasons why I hope Chevy considers some performance based trims. Its pretty obvious with some aftermarket mods, the potential that the platform has. With so much interest in performance SUV's lately, I think if there was ever a time to successfully launch an SS Blazer, it would be now.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Too bad the SS badge seems to have come to an end for Chevy, but I'm sure they're still going to have various trims for the Blazer, some adding more rugged features though nothing to this extent.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Too bad the SS badge seems to have come to an end for Chevy, but I'm sure they're still going to have various trims for the Blazer, some adding more rugged features though nothing to this extent.
Now there is restored hope for the brands Performance Vehicle future with the launch of the ST Edge, which could very well pave the way for something even higher, an RS model. Ford new demographic of buyers won't care for all the historical value SS has. ST and RS versions are already doing very well when it comes to the Fiesta and Focus.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts