2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not everyone is going to be a fan of Chevy's decision to use the Blazer nameplate on a new crossover. Thought I would share this article that discusses some of the best classic K5 and S-10 models from years past. It may be up to Ford to introduce a modern, off road, drop top truck for the next generation. https://www.auto123.com/en/news/top-16-chevrolet-blazers-over-the-years/65514/

·
Registered
86 Posts
Convertibles are a very low sought after option on most models. The interest in them has declined significantly over the past few years, with the exception of vehicles like the Wrangler. We could get some throwback editions but aftermarket will have to step in to improve off road capability.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I actually wonder if upcoming moves in the fast and furious series will feature customized classics like this, they sort of done it already but of course no Blazer yet!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Those looking for a K5 successor believe it or not are in the minority. I'm sure that Chevy did plenty of market research to determine the best route to go for a new mass market product, and the new Blazer checks all the boxes.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All of the boxes except comparable value to competitors. There is no way that a fully spec'd Blazer should cost more than a premium luxury SUV like the RDX. It better have some incredible build quality to warrant that.

·
Registered
123 Posts
That's only the case for the fully spec'd models and things are much more reasonable on the lower end of the tier list. Sure its not the rugged off roader of the past, but who knows what kind of interest a model like that would even see.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Of course the Tahoe and Suburban are their bread and butter and cannot be messed with.

But it does leave room to be filled and ultimately ways to stay competitive.

Its the least they can do for themselves and us as consumers. Without, it could mean sacrificing a good product which could have been great and maybe even a leader in its segment.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's only the case for the fully spec'd models and things are much more reasonable on the lower end of the tier list. Sure its not the rugged off roader of the past, but who knows what kind of interest a model like that would even see.
I think more people are going to lean towards the 3.6l, not only for the more engaging drive, but also for AWD. I still feel like sub 200hp might become an issue for an SUV of this size. If anyone has had the chance to drive it, I'd love to hear different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts