2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Breaking the Top 10 list of most expensive cars sold at this charity auction hosted by Barrett Jackson was this 1971 Chevrolet K5 Blazer Resto-Mod reeling in a total of $220,000.00

This thing is mint from head to toe (wouldn't expect anything less from a Barrett Jackson auction) and includes an LS3 swap coupled to a 4-speed automatic.

1,200 man hours were put into rebuilding this frame-off build so you know they literally touched every square inch of it.

Full details here: https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1971-CHEVROLET-CUSTOM-K5-BLAZER-4X4-205901

·
Registered
495 Posts
With how rare it is to come across these, its easy to see how this can sell for so much especially at time people are more appreciative of these older SUV's. This really helped to form the identity of what an SUV was.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I find there are a lot more of these types of SUVs from back in the days showing up on auction blocks and selling for a lot more than people anticipated. These, the Broncos, Grand Wagoneers, etc.

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's a huge sum for an older model, but that seems to be the trend these days. So everything is from the original Blazer or was it just the body and interior that's been restored? I can understand the new engine being new.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty much just restored the interior but with different materials and the audio system and what not... so I'm not too sure if that's really a restoration or a "resto-mod" as the classification is these days.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I find there are a lot more of these types of SUVs from back in the days showing up on auction blocks and selling for a lot more than people anticipated. These, the Broncos, Grand Wagoneers, etc.
Any time a certain product or just something hits an extreme, there always tends to be people that will revert back to the original way and its increasing so much that some companies restore and mod Defenders, Land Cruisers, etc. Even rent them out. So this $220k Blazer could very well hold its value over time.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a big possibility that it will. Just time will tell how many people will start trying to restore these and once they become an abundance, I think it'll start progressively dropping

1 - 7 of 7 Posts