2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I have a 2022 blazer that I purchased with 27 miles on it back in April. I had it in to get inspected Monday due to noise in the rear passenger wheel area (something flew into my wheel well and broke off half the liner. The noise started about two weeks after this). They didn’t check that but checked the engine noise I haven’t heard. My oil was 2.5 quarts LOW. 5k miles. The dealer told us when he purchased to bring it back at 10k for an oil change. 2.5 quarts low seems insane for a new vehicle.
Normally neither of us will listen to somebody saying to just wait 10,000 miles but they were adamant that he did not need to come back until then. Since the dealer is a 3 Hour Dr., I took their word for it and now hopefully I don’t end up regretting that.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My fiancé is MAD. This is the first and only new
Vehicle I’ve ever had and while I love Chevy, I’m not pleased with how this is going. I also can’t find a replacement wheel well liner for it and was told that since something on the road broke it, warranty won’t cover it. Chevy themselves said different (that it needs to be looked at)

my OH has been a mechanic for many years and doesn’t wait 10k miles. I’ve been keeping an eye on my onstar reports and it was to be changed in the next month (under 7k miles). I literally drive a couple of miles a day unless we need to go out of town for the weekend or I have to go out of town for work. I feel so disheartened right now.
Also I’m one of those girls that glazes over with car talk. I know it has a turbo; I assume v6

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We do have a local Chevy dealer. They’re the ones that were supposed to inspect my passenger side but went to the engine instead. Their inspection guy was out that day. Ummm ok. Kind of important to have him there when the appointment was made over a week prior. This local dealer has also been hit and miss over the years. I live in a rural community though so they’re the closest.
Thanks for your info on talking to the original. My other half is dealing with them and he doesn’t back down. He have to do some oil consumption test and he’s also in touch with Chevy. While I prefer Chevy, he says he’ll never buy another (he’s a ford guy 🤷🏼‍♀️). He wants to get rid of this now so badly and go with the Toyota we first looked at. Ugh. Buying NEW was supposed to save us the hassle and headaches

1 - 3 of 3 Posts