2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which fuses in the cabin would be best to tap into for a dash cam? It requires one with constant power (so it can record if the vehicle is parked) as well as one that turns on and off with the vehicle. There are a number of choices that turn on and off. But, I'm having a hard time finding one with constant power (that isn't a fuse that's too large like the power seats fuses).

·
Registered
2019 3LT 3.6L
21 Posts
If I remember it correctly (I can't check it at the moment), fuse F20 (Rear seat entertainment) on the instrument panel fuse block is a constant one (12.2V). Check it out. If it doesn't work, let me know, and I'll take a look.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone know which fuses in the cabin would be best to tap into for a dash cam? It requires one with constant power (so it can record if the vehicle is parked) as well as one that turns on and off with the vehicle. There are a number of choices that turn on and off. But, I'm having a hard time finding one with constant power (that isn't a fuse that's too large like the power seats fuses).
I can't help you with which fuse because I had the dealer install mine. But I wanted to suggest that if you are installing a rear one as well, to mount it in the middle of the rear windshield where the wiper can clear the window. I live on a dirt road where the window is dirty most of the time and they installed the rear camera to the top side where the window doesn't get washed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts