2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
This can be turned OFF / circumvented by placing transmission selector in L (manual mode) and selecting highest gear (9) and auto-start stop will be disabled.
This can be turned OFF / circumvented by placing transmission selector in L (manual mode) and selecting highest gear (9) and auto-start stop will be disabled.
This is normal. It only shuts off for up to 2 mins.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Here are my issues so far:

·
Registered
112 Posts
my stop start hasnt been engaging during my last few drives. And there is nothing extreme about the temperatures, its in the 40s and 50s right now. Its strange, it was working normally a week or two ago.

·
Registered
112 Posts
this vehicle has to be costing GM a fortune in warranty repairs and lemon law buybacks. I can only hope the 2020 was better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had my Blazer RS for almost six months now and I love it, however, a month ago I got these error messages that now randomly pop up and go away. They are "steering assist reduced drive with care" "service parking brake" "fuel level low" even though the tank is full. Took it into my local dealer and was told no big deal, just needs an update. 2 weeks later, I'm getting the same error messages. Any thoughts on this or has anyone else seen this occur?
I'm having the same issue with mine now. Then tonight when trying to leave the store the car wouldn't start and was throwing low battery alerts. Had to get a jump on a 5 month old car??!?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm having the same issue with mine now. Then tonight when trying to leave the store the car wouldn't start and was throwing low battery alerts. Had to get a jump on a 5 month old car??!?
5 months sounds way too early, but I did have a bad battery on a car that was less than 3 years old a few years back. WOuldnt start and I thought it was a major issue and it turned out to be a bad battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
5 months sounds way too early, but I did have a bad battery on a car that was less than 3 years old a few years back. WOuldnt start and I thought it was a major issue and it turned out to be a bad battery.
Took it in today and they replaced it. We'll see. Just not sure how that will fix the parking break, etc codes, but I'm no mechanic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone else had similar issues? I have a 2019 Blazer Premier and at about the 4 month mark 8k miles the car shuts off while driving. The screen says car is off shift car to neutral to restart and then the car does not start. Mind you the car died in the process of driving the engine just turned off. I take it to the dealer they say its a bad starter - I drive off the lot the car is shaking like no tomorrow so I turn around and bring it back - on top of that the AC isn't working. They cant figure out why the car is shaking but the replace the AC compressor. Fast forward to the 7th month mark and 13k miles while im driving the car is shaking like crazy and then I turn and I hear a bunch of rattling and a loud like cracking noise. Battery light comes on and the screen says battery cannot be charged so then I pull over and I see the battery gauge going down but enough to drive home. So Im driving home and the car engine temp heats all the way up and then the car says engine overheating engine turning off and then it starts smoking. Car is now dead again. I feel like this is way to make things to be going wrong for a brand new car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've had my Blazer RS for almost six months now and I love it, however, a month ago I got these error messages that now randomly pop up and go away. They are "steering assist reduced drive with care" "service parking brake" "fuel level low" even though the tank is full. Took it into my local dealer and was told no big deal, just needs an update. 2 weeks later, I'm getting the same error messages. Any thoughts on this or has anyone else seen this occur?
Mine did the same steering & parking break messages when my 12 month old battery died at 3400 miles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve had my 2019 Blazer RS AWD for about a year now. Overall I have been very pleased with the car. We tow it behind our RV. It is one of the few vehicles left that can be towed four wheels down. Current mileage is just under 17,000.

My issues are just two. One is the tires as the car is terrible in the snow. I’ve been searching for good tires for it, but the choices for the 21 inch wheels seem to be limited. I’m hoping that the tires will resolve the handling issues in snow. I live in the Snow Belt south of Buffalo so I can’t have a car that’s lousy in snow.

My second issue is more of an annoyance than a big issue. The voice commands in this car are beyond useless. For example, I’ll say ”Call Sandy S** Home” and the response is “Calling Cindy B**** Cell”. The navigation is the same. Whatever address I tell it seems to always get me to somewhere totally beyond what I asked for. Anyone else have the Voice Command issues or a suggestion to resolve them?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone else had similar issues? I have a 2019 Blazer Premier and at about the 4 month mark 8k miles the car shuts off while driving. The screen says car is off shift car to neutral to restart and then the car does not start. Mind you the car died in the process of driving the engine just turned off. I take it to the dealer they say its a bad starter - I drive off the lot the car is shaking like no tomorrow so I turn around and bring it back - on top of that the AC isn't working. They cant figure out why the car is shaking but the replace the AC compressor. Fast forward to the 7th month mark and 13k miles while im driving the car is shaking like crazy and then I turn and I hear a bunch of rattling and a loud like cracking noise. Battery light comes on and the screen says battery cannot be charged so then I pull over and I see the battery gauge going down but enough to drive home. So Im driving home and the car engine temp heats all the way up and then the car says engine overheating engine turning off and then it starts smoking. Car is now dead again. I feel like this is way to make things to be going wrong for a brand new car.
A very similar thing happened to me today. I have a 2020 Chevy Blazer with 11,000 miles. It told me to shift the car to neutral and turn car back on as well. It looks like it blew my 350fuse! Now my AC compressor isn’t working and the belt was smoking! Did you get anything else solved or have you heard this happening anymore??

·
Registered
37 Posts
Took our 2020 RS (12k miles) in today for the following issues:
  • service driver assist
  • lane assist not available
  • adaptive cruise not available (meaning cruise doesn't work)
  • auto headlamps don't work
  • other similar features
  • tilting side mirrors not always returning to position
  • rear hitch cover no staying seated
Turns out the windshield camera is bad and they are on national backorder 🤬 so who knows when that will be fixed
They're replacing the hitch cover due to a service bulletin on them warping
Going to check the tilt mirror issue tomorrow, I think i read there was a software update for that?

Man, really like the Blazer but this is definitely disappointing...

81 - 92 of 92 Posts