2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I picked up my Blazer I noticed the panel that covers the trailer hitch was loose on one side where the tabs go into the bumper. On a subsequent trip at a stop I noticed the panel was completely off at the top where the 3 tabs are and held only by the two bottom fasteners. I removed it to make sure I didn't lose it on the road. The dealer ordered a new valence (?) for me and now it fits fine and is very sturdy. Wanted to share in case anyone else has the same issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Auto Stop Feature

Just upgraded to a Blazer RS from a 2016 Chevy Cruze last month. My cruze also had a the auto stop feature, and turned the engine off when the vehicle came to a complete stop, and stayed off until I released my foot from the break peddle.

I've noticed on my Blazer that when I come to a complete stop and the auto-stop feature is initiated, regardless of wether or not I take my foot off the break peddle, the engine randomly starts after a minute or two.

Has anyone else had this issue? Wondering if its my Blazer or a new feature from Chevy that the auto-stop feature only turns your car off for a few minutes and then turns it back on.

thanks!
This can be turned OFF / circumvented by placing transmission selector in L (manual mode) and selecting highest gear (9) and auto-start stop will be disabled.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased my 2019 Blazer on Aug 19 2019 with 7 miles on the dash. Today is Oct 23 2019 ( 2 months and 4 days later) my odometer say I have 7044 miles and I need to change the oil. Never in my 50 some odd yrs of living have I purchase a brand new vehicle and needed an oil change within 2 months nor have I drove over 7000 miles in 2 months. Something is definitely wrong here. I live in Charleston, South Carolina. I drove to NYC once, drove to Columbia, SC 5 times 100 miles and the rest of the time I drove to the grocery store which is less than 10 miles or to my parents house 5 miles . I work from home. There is no way Possible this mileage is correct. I am at the dealership and they say numbers dont lie. Now, I dont know what numbers do but I do know these numbers are tainted. Just impossible. I dont know if its the dealer or the factory but i know its not me. Has anyone notice this problem or have any kind of input.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I picked up my Blazer I noticed the panel that covers the trailer hitch was loose on one side where the tabs go into the bumper. On a subsequent trip at a stop I noticed the panel was completely off at the top where the 3
tabs are and held only by the two bottom fasteners. I removed it to make sure I didn't lose it on the road. The dealer ordered a new valence (?) for me and now it fits fine and is very sturdy. Wanted to share in case anyone else has the same issue.
had the same exact issue. Not sure what was replaced they didn’t say but it hasn’t fallen open since

·
Registered
1 Posts
Auto Stop Feature

Just upgraded to a Blazer RS from a 2016 Chevy Cruze last month. My cruze also had a the auto stop feature, and turned the engine off when the vehicle came to a complete stop, and stayed off until I released my foot from the break peddle.

I've noticed on my Blazer that when I come to a complete stop and the auto-stop feature is initiated, regardless of wether or not I take my foot off the break peddle, the engine randomly starts after a minute or two.

Has anyone else had this issue? Wondering if its my Blazer or a new feature from Chevy that the auto-stop feature only turns your car off for a few minutes and then turns it back on.

thanks!
It is a feature found in most of not all vehicles with auto stop, designed to not drain the battery. Don't worry about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Report any issues or problems you are having with your 2019+ Chevy Blazer. We can compile a list of the issues together and try to resolve them and keep them as a case study.
I've had my Blazer RS for almost six months now and I love it, however, a month ago I got these error messages that now randomly pop up and go away. They are "steering assist reduced drive with care" "service parking brake" "fuel level low" even though the tank is full. Took it into my local dealer and was told no big deal, just needs an update. 2 weeks later, I'm getting the same error messages. Any thoughts on this or has anyone else seen this occur?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife and I bought a new blazer at the end of September. Engine light came on Oct 30th, for the fuel pressure regulator. My wife took it to a dealer by that time the code was inactive. So they cleared the code and sent her on her way. Two days later the code came back. Appears to be cold weather related. Had to towed to another dealer where they diagnosed it as a bad fuel pressure regulator. They have to order the entire high pressure fuel because the regulator is built into it. That was the beginning of November. Dealer told me the part was in Chicago, I live in central Wisconsin. After 30 days of waiting for the pump to show up gm will not admit they lost the part and will not ship another one. We have 1700 miles on the car and the dealer has had it longer than we have. Gm customer care is insanely useless. I have been told by them the part has just shipped out three times. I dont believe it ever has. They wont ship another one or admit they made any kind of mistake. Hopefully something positive happens soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my Blazer RS for almost six months now and I love it, however, a month ago I got these error messages that now randomly pop up and go away. They are "steering assist reduced drive with care" "service parking brake" "fuel level low" even though the tank is full. Took it into my local dealer and was told no big deal, just needs an update. 2 weeks later, I'm getting the same error messages. Any thoughts on this or has anyone else seen this occur?
I have a 2020 Blazer Premier and got the Action Required steering assist reduced message 2 weeks ago. My dealer ran diagnositics and also called GM to investigate. Supposedly related to interior thermostat, and not at all related to steering. Something about all part of same module??? Still waiting on parts, so cannot say if the new thermostat will resolve the steering assist error message or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is no exhaust tip recall for Blazers. There is a field action for the hitch cover being loose. It's not a recall its a "customer satisfaction program".

·
Registered
97 Posts
this sounds crazy (or maybe not) but i parked the car and the fuel warning light was NOT on- I think I had around 1/4 tank. I start the car when I come back from work and the fuel gauge is on E and the low fuel warning comes on. I go to gas station (not really thinking in detail about how much gas I had this AM) and the pump shuts off after only 15.3 gallons! I get check the fuel gauge and its saying its about half full. WTF. the 15.3 gallons actually makes sense based on where I think the fuel gauge was this AM so that means the gas gauge is wrong- I have NEVER heard of such a thing on any car

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has any experience a problem with their AWD Blazer having traction control turn on and cut power when there is no slippage? It has happened twice to me when I start from a stop and accelerate slowly. The traction control light blinks on, and cuts power until I let go of the gas peddle and then go again. Weird one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ive also been hearing a mechanical whining/buzzing sound coming from the trans from 1,500-2,500rpm, hopefully this doesnt develop into a blown transmission. I will ask some techs about this issue, but not many techs know anything about the Blazer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2020 Blazer Premier and got the Action Required steering assist reduced message 2 weeks ago. My dealer ran diagnositics and also called GM to investigate. Supposedly related to interior thermostat, and not at all related to steering. Something about all part of same module??? Still waiting on parts, so cannot say if the new thermostat will resolve the steering assist error message or not.
They had my car for 2 weeks and said that the cluster was causing the errors so they replaced that and the next day after picking it up, the errors occurred again. Service power steering, abs system, parking brake, etc etc except this time on my way to the dealer to drop it off, the errors occurred about 20 times within 30 miles and then 2 miles from the dealer my transmission wouldn't shift about 3rd gear and my check engine light came on for the first time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Auto Stop Feature

thanks!

I have the same issue. It doesn't happen all the time, but I initially thought maybe I had let go of the brake just a bit, but that isnt the case.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts