2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First drive and impression reviews are starting to make their way online. I see more people upset by the fact that Chevy slapped the Blazer nameplate on this crossover than any real criticisms of the platform, aside from pricing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Chevy isn't the first automaker to rely on the legacy of a nameplate in an effort to make sales and they wont be the last. I agree that they've probably done more harm than good by going this route with their new crossover, but it'll still sell.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Most of the early sales will probably come from current Equinox owners looking for a new upgrade. I'm not sure if they have done enough here to warrant people cross shopping from another brand. Value for your dollar, there are some better options.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most of the first buyers are likely to be bowtie loyalists. But if Chevy finds that sales are progressing they way that they had hoped, there should be some great deals and incentives offered by dealers to help motivate on the fence consumers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m on my fourth Ford Escape since 2003. While I’ve been quite loyal to that brand and have had zero issues with any of them, I’m looking to upgrade in the next year. I think the new Blazer would be that upgrade. Pricing between that and the Ford Edge ST is what will be the final factor.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I agree that reliability isn't much of a concern, particularly with the 3.6 as that's been a long proven engine. Its merely going to come down to the value for your money and what else you can get with similar kit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’ve been pricing out both the Blazer RS and the Edge ST. While the RS came out a few hundred dollars more, the quality of the interior as well as the aggressive styling have won me over. Right now the biggest difference is the $2,250 worth of incentives Ford is offering. I’ll be waiting anxiously to see what Chevy will do.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Its those kinds of dealer promo's that are really going to make or break the Blazers launch. Like you everyone is going to see what other performance crossovers can be had in this bracket. Have you had a chance to test drive either?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did get to take the Blazer RS for a test drive a few weeks ago. Was very impressed with it both inside and out. My lease on my 2017 Ford Escape Titanium expires in about a year and I’m really liking the RS.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
An SS variant with a V8 would be welcome. Just not sure how likely that is with the growing emission and fuel economy regulations.

·
Registered
493 Posts
An SS variant with a V8 would be welcome. Just not sure how likely that is with the growing emission and fuel economy regulations.
V8's are out of the picture but what you can expect are higher output versions of the V6 we're working with.
Placing my bets on Hennessey performance.
I like what they've done to the Tahoe, SS, Camaro and Silverado so far

1 - 12 of 12 Posts