2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Practicality hasn’t taken a back seat to the sporty design of the new Blazer. Chevy has ensured that there is plenty of cargo and passenger space in their latest crossover, bringing a level of utility that one expects from a mid-size SUV. With a cabin design that is very Camaro-like, they have attempted to bridge two very different segments of vehicles and have succeeded in doing so.

Behind the rear seats, which fold perfectly flat there are 30.5 cubic feet of space. Fold down the second row and that doubles to 64.2 cubic feet, which is slightly more than what’s available in the smaller Equinox (63.5). If you plan on riding with multiple occupants, the rear bench also slides 5 inches giving some flexibility around the amount of space you have to work with. Fully utilized the Blazer has 1,818 liters of total cargo space.

Stepping up to the RS and Premier trims will help to keep your stuff organized. Both feature a helpful cargo rail and gate style storage setup. There are also plenty of additional OEM accessories to choose from including cargo liners, cargo nets, and privacy shades. Cargo liftover height is fair and depending on your trim choice there is also a hands-free power tailgate.

The second row offers good headroom for anyone up to 6 feet, with enough raw space for three adults across. In an effort to maximize legroom, Chevy has also trimmed the front seatbacks, producing an extra inch or two of knee room.

Set between the Equinox and Traverse, the Blazer is a good space to spend some quality time. With a sports car inspired cockpit and room for 5, it’s a bold new take on a classic name.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Utility aside I do wish there were a few less scratchy plastics in the cabin. Sure this is fairly typical for the segment, but the high trim levels should be using more plush materials imo. I do like that the bench can slide and that the second row folds completely flat.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cargo Management

I like the cargo space and management system, but when you lift the cargo hood for the spare tire it's not design for the best usability. IMO they should have placed the tire in the back and placed the extra storage space in the front. It's a shame that I have to reach way in the back past the spare tire for extra storage and I have to lift the floor hood all the way up to get to the back. I wonder if they thought we would be pulling out the spare tire more frequently. :|

1 - 3 of 3 Posts