2019 Chevy Blazer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have trouble not being able to start car after it sits for a few days. This has happened to me twice. But after waiting about an hour it does start! Not the battery. Both times my car was at home in the garage. Don’t want to get stranded out on the road because car won’t start. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Make sure all the cables connected to the battery are corrosion free and properly secured. Particularly the ground wire. Also, make sure the Fob is in close proximity to the console and use another Fob to rule out any issues with the Fob. I am assuming when you said it won’t start that when you push the start button nothing happens. Is that what’s happened?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have not had that issue. I have left my Blazer sitting, while I drive my other car, a few times.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not had that issue. I have left my Blazer sitting, while I drive my other car, a few times.
thanks for the reply. My blazer is currently at the dealer who is checking it out.Hope they find something.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Do you get your gas from the same station? Might have something to do with that. If you do, maybe try a different station...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone have trouble not being able to start car after it sits for a few days. This has happened to me twice. But after waiting about an hour it does start! Not the battery. Both times my car was at home in the garage. Don’t want to get stranded out on the road because car won’t start. Any ideas? Thanks
I just had my first problem not starting. Went to start my 2019 RS blazer and nothing . Waiting for dealership to open so it can be towed. Not very happy.

·
Registered
84 Posts
With the stay home orders due to the virus, my Blazer sat for a full week without being started. I had no issues. It ran a little rough initially but smoothed out as it warmed up. I thought the battery may have drained a bit from sitting so I expected the auto-stop to postpone activating for a little while. Nope. It worked the same as it did before the lockdown...

·
Registered
3 Posts
With the stay home orders due to the virus, my Blazer sat for a full week without being started. I had no issues. It ran a little rough initially but smoothed out as it warmed up. I thought the battery may have drained a bit from sitting so I expected the auto-stop to postpone activating for a little while. Nope. It worked the same as it did before the lockdown...
Dealership just called , they said bad battery, installed new battery. I guess we will see what happens next. I drive Blazer everyday I told dealership makes no since brand new to go bad.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Was it replaced under warranty? Dying in under a year seems like it was defective. At a minimum, I would expect you to get a pro-rated discount depending on the warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts