All Cleaned Up, The Blazer RS is one Bad A** SUV - 2019 Chevy Blazer Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

All Cleaned Up, The Blazer RS is one Bad A** SUV

Just got my Blazer back from the detailer. Had the following services performed:

1. Stage 1 paint correction and paint sealant

2. Application of paint protection film to the front bumper, hood, front fenders and side mirrors

3. One layer of Ceramic coating over the entire vehicle including wheels.

All cleaned up, the Blazer is one Bad A** looking SUV.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7043.jpg (357.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7047.jpg (354.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7041.jpg (397.2 KB, 14 views)
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 10:27 AM

Glad to see you taking these early steps to help keep your new car in prime condition. Did you notice many paint defects from factory? Seems Chevy did a decent job with quality assurance on this vehicle.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne View Post
Glad to see you taking these early steps to help keep your new car in prime condition. Did you notice many paint defects from factory? Seems Chevy did a decent job with quality assurance on this vehicle.
I can't say how many paint defects came from the factory versus the dealer. There were so many swirl and scuffs marks all over the vehicle it was ridicules. I believe most of the paint defects came from the dealer and the method they're using to wash their vehicles. All the vehicles I examined in the dealer's showroom were covered with swirl marks and scuffs. The kind that comes from poor washing technique. As someone who shows a 2017 Camaro ZL1, I'm very sensitive to paint quality. Most prospective buyers probably won't notice or care about the paint.

There was also a big scratch on the rear hatch just below the wiper that occurred during delivery. The dealer did a good job repairing the scratch and attempted to polish out the swirls and scuff marks. They didn't do a very good job on the polishing. I took the vehicle to a professional detailer that details cars all over the country. They did a fantastic job correcting the paint. It was well worth the money spent.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page