Not what I was expecting - 2019 Chevy Blazer Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Not what I was expecting

I'm not going to lie that I was initially pretty disappointed after Chevy pulled the covers off the new Blazer. I had hoped that they would stay true to the trucks legacy, but the new design is starting to grow on me. Have they confirmed power outputs of the top end trims? No interest in the 4 cylinder.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 02:57 PM

I liked the Blazer ever since I seen it because prior to that the Camaro peaked Chevy design. Now we get that from an SUV and I couldn't be happier.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 10:53 AM

If you had seen pictures back when Chevy was out testing the new Blazer, you could instantly tell that it was a far cry from the K5. They wanted a mass market vehicle and that's exactly what they have delivered.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne View Post
If you had seen pictures back when Chevy was out testing the new Blazer, you could instantly tell that it was a far cry from the K5. They wanted a mass market vehicle and that's exactly what they have delivered.
My positive take on the new Blazer comes from understanding when a car maker sits out that long in a big segment, this is the end result and i'm content with it.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 08:32 AM

Welcome to the forum Kayfive, glad to have a new member in the community. I don't know if its been officially confirmed but the 3.6l V6 has been rated at 305hp.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 06:55 PM

I think more power is needed and with forced induction i bet another 50hp can be achieved without strain on the engine but we'll have to say bye to those 6 cylinders.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for confirming that @Rhett . Still not very impressed with that number as its less than what Ford will be offering in the new Edge ST. Have to see which model gets better aftermarket support.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 01:15 PM

Ford will have the advantage with aftermarket with the interest already built with Ford Performance products that came before it.
Vehicles like the Fiesta ST and Focus ST/RS paved the way along with the Raptor... what does GM have?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 08:46 AM

GM needs to take a page out of HSV's book and start a proper performance division of their own. The new ZR2 Bison might be the first step in this direction, but its still lagging behind Ford's Raptor.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne View Post
GM needs to take a page out of HSV's book and start a proper performance division of their own. The new ZR2 Bison might be the first step in this direction, but its still lagging behind Ford's Raptor.
Don't mind GM, they're just trying to ride off of Ford's coat tails. Prior to the Raptor, all GM had was the Sierra which is not that different from other higher-tier pick-ups that were out at the time, it was just another domestic pickup truck we could choose from, nothing more.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page